Epiphone Alex Lifeson Les Paul Standard Axcess

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
I thought it was said in that other thread about Epiphone guitars that this model is not coming out until later this year. I'll have to have this! Although, I don't really plan on using the piezo stuff.

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
This will probably be my next guitar purchase... assuming I can find one when they become available. I've been looking for a semi-affordable LP with a Floyd Rose style locking tremolo. I do wish they offered it in a solid color. I really don't like the cheap looking Epiphone burst/flame.

Big Al had a black one made and there were a limited number of those produced. It'd be cool if the Epi came in black.

These have started popping up on sites this morning. I bought one off of Reverb that weighs 8.8lbs which is in between my Epiphone Les Paul Modern (8.2lbs) and my 50s Les Paul Standard (barely under 9lbs).

Does anyone know if this guitar is weight relieved? I read that Alex Lifeson has no relief in his Axcess model so I assume this one doesn't either.

Last edited:
I just noticed the one I ordered is missing the US inspection and setup sticker on back of headstock similar to others I've seen listed. Does that mean it missed the final inspection/setup process?

Shadoof

These have started popping up on sites this morning. I bought one off of Reverb that weighs 8.8lbs which is in between my Epiphone Les Paul Modern (8.2lbs) and my 50s Les Paul Standard (barely under 9lbs).

Does anyone know if this guitar is weight relieved? I read that Alex Lifeson has no relief in his Axcess model so I assume this one doesn't either.

Only guessing, but considering how much is carved out for the trem, electronics, and belly cut it doesn't look like there's much room left for weight relief.

I'm really curious what the neck is like - specs just say Lifeson profile, no indication of shape or thickness. Looks like it might be a bit fuller than a slim taper but it's too hard to tell from pictures.

Only guessing, but considering how much is carved out for the trem, electronics, and belly cut it doesn't look like there's much room left for weight relief.

I'm really curious what the neck is like - specs just say Lifeson profile, no indication of shape or thickness. Looks like it might be a bit fuller than a slim taper but it's too hard to tell from pictures.

I thought I read a spec that said 60's neck profile, but I don't remember where I saw that.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom