• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Epiphone by Gibson

Telecster

I have a Sheraton II guitar, on the headstock it says
Epiphone by Gibson. It has no serial number anywhere.
Nice guitar. I put new tuners, bridge and tail piece on.
But I was wonder what anyone knows about this vintage Sheraton.

Mr. Crow

This question came up on the Epiphone Forums. One of the Epi experts reported that these were made in Korea between 1986 and 1989 at the Samick plant.

Funkwire

Until the late 90s, some Epiphone serial numbers were on a sticker on the back of the headstock (like my MIK 1996 G-1275). If they fell off, there were no other markings to identify it.

Mr. Crow's answer if probably as much information as you'll be able to find.

Looks nice...how does it play/sound?

Telecster

Plays real nice and sounds great. I changed the jack and pots along with the mentioned hardware. Recently I was curious about the angle between the tail piece and bridge. They're not parallel like my LP. Mr Crow's info is about all I have ever able to learn. I also believe that this was during a time that Epiphone/Gibson owned that Samick plant.

Jura

its from late 80's most probably, made in korea..
EDIT: says to himself: "read first than write.."
already answered as I see.. :)
what more do you want to know? As I had one from '91 and apart from nut and headstock inlay they are identical..

Telecster

I was trying to get the intonation right and determined the radius on the replacement bridge was wrong as was tge string spacing. Not much but just enough for the e strings to fret buzz. So I disassembled the old bridge got out some brasso and cleaned. Finished it off with a littleammonia, not bad. I will reinstall the bridge tonight.

Telecster

Put the original bridge back in and no more fret buzz. I looked at stumac and guitarfetish but nothing for a Sheraton or ES335 bridge. All listings I saw said
replacement for solid top..ie LP..Any suggestions out there?

StLucifer

Does the headstock say Epiphone by Gibson? In 1986-87, I wanted a nice new guitar. I went to a Sudbury Ontario musical instrument store and bought a blonde coloured Epiphone semi-acoustic like the one in your pictures. I paid in around $800 for it with a nice hardshell case. It was a very nice guitar. Extremely nice action...as good as a Gibson ES 335 easy. This gorilla on my back forced me to sell it for $300 and I really regret it. The pawn shop gave me $300 in a heart beat for it and I wish I could boot my ass. Don't hesitate, buy it if you can get it for a reasonable price. I'd pay $800 for a new one right now if I could.

supergenius365

Silver Supporting Member
Put the original bridge back in and no more fret buzz. I looked at stumac and guitarfetish but nothing for a Sheraton or ES335 bridge. All listings I saw said
replacement for solid top..ie LP..Any suggestions out there?
If it is like mine, there is no available replacement. Mine is an early 90's and Epiphone made the spacing a bit different than Gibson/replacement bridges for some reason.