Epiphone Chet Atkins Nylon String Model

Kyle Ashley

Silver Supporting Member
Does anyone have any experience with the nylon string Epiphone Chet Atkins model? I'm interested in it for direct recording use. Do they tune and hold their tune well? How's the sound when plugged in?

Thanks for any input!

Voiceofasoul

I had the steel string model, which played very easy and held tune well. As for the direct sound......well, you can do some great things with effects processors these days. :rotflmao

keninsyr

I have one. For the money its very good. New strings take a bit to break in and stretch out but once they settle it it holds a tuning pretty well. If I was to change anything it would be to upgrade the tuners. I've used it both to record and live and it works fine. It will go thru batterys pretty quickly if you don't keep it unplugged when not in use.

Sniper-V

Never played the Epi versions,
But,
I have a Gibson Chet Atkins Classical and used to own a SST.

Both were killer but the Classical version was better in my opinion. I think the direct sound is great through a nice acoustic amp. The action and playability is very unlike a typical Classical, very very fast. Sounds better plugged in then any other Classical with electronics I have ever tried.

If the Epis are anything like the Gibbys for the money they would be great deals!

Trending Topics