Epiphone E422t Clone or copy

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by dubdub, Mar 21, 2015.

1. dubdub

dubdub Member

[​IMG]

I've been wanting a non cutaway semi hollow for a good minute now but I cant find any budget models anywhere that resemble the Epiphone I have pictured, anyone know of any models that are currently made. I already have a pickup in mind so im definitely gonna swap whatever comes stock. Any leads? Preferably in the states, thanks.

2. Mars Rover

Mars Rover Member

3. dubdub

dubdub Member

Thanks Mars, I have a Loar LH350 and its awesome, but it has an acoustic size body, so its around 3 1/2-4 inches thick. And its more acoustic than it is an electric. From the looks of it the 309 has roughly the same size body.It would be perfect if it was a thin line body.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What I'm really looking for is a pure electric semi-hollow but the majority of them have double cutaways these days. I went to GC today and didnt see any non cutaway electrics, I'm guessing its an outdated idea ;/. I'm gonna keep looking though.

4. slider313

slider313 Silver Supporting Member

Find an old ES 125T. They're usually very affordable.

5. dubdub

dubdub Member

Thanks Slider, while that certainly fits the bill. I'm seeing them for around $1,900, I'm looking for something around $400-700 range. Not really looking for a project guitar, if its old I would rather have it in good shape where it wont need a neck reset or repairs right out of the gate.

I have a feeling this search is gonna be a hard one haha.

6. sliberty

sliberty Member

Check Godin 5th Ave Kingpin too

7. Jayyj

Jayyj Supporting Member

If you can get your budgets up a little to $1000-1200 and are patient you may well be able to find a vintage guitar without issues that fits the bill. Look for the Gibson ES120/Epiphone Granada, which was a budget version of the ES125T/Century with a Melody Maker pickup and typically sells for a little less. There's also a Guild equivalent, the T50, and if you don't mind a single cutaway the Gretsch Clipper is a cool little guitar.

If you look for any of these models on Ebay you'll see people trying to get over $2000 for them, but there are bargains to be had as well with these models. A quick search just now brought up an Epi Granada and a Gretsch Clipper with BINs for $1100 each, and a Guild T50 with some mods for $800.

8. 27sauce

27sauce Supporting Member

The epiphone is fully hollow, btw.

9. Mars Rover

Mars Rover Member

10. dubdub

dubdub Member

11. Da Geezer

Da Geezer Supporting Member