Epiphone flying v negative or korina?

Jpost121

Hey all, so i'm looking for some advice with deciding on a guitar.

I'm a rookie player yet, but have been offered a good deal on both an epiphone flying v Negative, as well as an epiphone flying v Korina (58 reissue model).
The main thing i'm wondering is which is better? or which is worth more?
Second, which would you guys say is the better playing/feeling guitar? or better build? and why you think so?

Any advice would be fantastic, but I have the option to choose one of these two and am not sure which one is worth more or worth getting.
I believe the v negative was a long & mcquade ltd version in Canada, in 2009 and is a bit harder to get? although i've also researched a bit and saw that the korina model is no longer produced and a bunch of reviews said its a fantastic guitar..

This is also my first forum post ever, hope someone can help :)
Thanks in advance!

Mr. Crow

Well, I'm a bit older, but I've always loved those Epiphone Flying V Korina 58 Reissues. I played one once and thought it was an impressive Epiphone model.

Do either come with a hardshell case?

Jpost121

Well, I'm a bit older, but I've always loved those Epiphone Flying V Korina 58 Reissues. I played one once and thought it was an impressive Epiphone model.

Do either come with a hardshell case?
unfortunately neither come with a hardshell case which i'm pretty bummed about.
I have both as trade offers for my epiphone les paul standard and thought they were both great offers given the value, but i wasn't quite sure of both the v's value, so I thought i'd ask on here!

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
I've always preferred the look of the '58 V to any other style V. It's just what a Flying V should look like. Imho

Mr. Crow

unfortunately neither come with a hardshell case which i'm pretty bummed about.
I have both as trade offers for my epiphone les paul standard and thought they were both great offers given the value, but i wasn't quite sure of both the v's value, so I thought i'd ask on here!
Well, a Flying V case is going to cost you at least $100, so budget for that. Are you not liking your Epi LP Standard, or just wanting something different? Personally, as long as the Korina 58 is in good shape, I'd do the trade, because I've always wanted one of those models, and they are getting a bit more scarce, whereas the world is afloat in Epi LP Standards.

Jpost121

Well, a Flying V case is going to cost you at least $100, so budget for that. Are you not liking your Epi LP Standard, or just wanting something different? Personally, as long as the Korina 58 is in good shape, I'd do the trade, because I've always wanted one of those models, and they are getting a bit more scarce, whereas the world is afloat in Epi LP Standards.
I have kept that in mind, thanks. I do enjoy my LP standard and love the looks of it especially because mine has a trans blue finish which is gorgeous imo, but I love trying new things, and go from guitar to guitar often. To be completely honest i've never been too in to electric guitars in general, which is also partly why i've come to a forum to seek advice haha. I picked up this epi LP quite recently, but these offers just happened to come up now lol.
In regards to the standards being everywhere, I definitely agree. you can pick them up no problem whereas in my research on these flying v models, they are quite a bit harder to find. which is why i'm tempted to do the swap. The only reason I can see my epi LP being worth keeping is because it's a harder to find finish, but i'm not sure about how scarce these ones are.

Jpost121

I did see this posted on another forum. so it looks like the v negative model was a solid $630 when they launched it. and i believe they are also harder to find.

Trending Topics