• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Epiphone Lazarus

jb2

I’ve been very pleased with my lifeson epiphone and I have custom access. My view epiphone really stepping up.

BigAl

Cool guitars (the Epiphone and of course the original Gibson it is based on) but I kept waiting for them to show a "before" shot of the Gibson with the red paint! Despite that they did a nice job with this video.

musicman1

Idk I kind of get excited about these budget JB LPs but then when I see them in the wild they’re not as nice looking as the video commercial makes them look and then they come with cases w JB s name and “Nerdville”stenciled in giant letters and I just have to walk away.

buckwild

Platinum Supporting Member
Love the story, but…it really feels like a cash grab. it’s just an amber/lemon burst epiphone Les paul! I mean, big deal.

Yah, pretty much a regular Epi LP. Veneer tops on these, despite what's said in the vid.
Long tenon neck, that's unusual and cool.
I think Epi's only other long tenon in modern times was the Amos Vee.
I suspect Joe may have insisted, in both cases.

Kinda wish they'd given it a nice fat neck, rather than a smallish one.
Of course, more buyers prefer a thinner profile.

I agree Epi has really upped their game in recent years, though.

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
I like Epiphone guitars. Especially the Elite Japanese made models. However, I don’t get what is so special about this guitar or Joe B for that matter. He is like the “great white hope” of the blues genre. But good for him in finding a niche and running with it.
I don't like his music at all, but I think he's a good example of someone who's taken a style of music he loves and managed to find a way to forge a successful career in an era where it's very hard to make a good living playing original music, so I have a lot of respect for him. His passion for vintage guitars is very sincere and these Epis give him a chance to put that experience too use (and make a bit of money out of it) putting together guitar specs that a lot of people seem very keen on so it's the same thing really, they're not for me but good on him.

End of the day, if Epiphone wanted to pay me to design a series of guitars... just dm me if you do guys, I've loads of ideas! And I'll do it for half what you're paying Bonamassa!

mjperkin

Silver Supporting Member
I bought the Norm Burst (pictured.)
I saw on Instagram there is going to be an Ego Model of the Lazarus.
Honestly, I’ll probably break down and buy it. Years ago, I was looking for something, and I stumbled across the John Henry album, and that was it. Instant fan. I‘ve met Joe Bonamassa twice (star struck fan) and he was nice/friendly/respectful both times.
I guess what I’m trying to say is: I’m torn. The Epi Lazarus looks generic. But I still kind of want one :- |
I absolutely think present-day Epiphone is putting out good/fun/cool guitars for the money.

Last edited:

jwguitar

I don't like his music at all, but I think he's a good example of someone who's taken a style of music he loves and managed to find a way to forge a successful career in an era where it's very hard to make a good living playing original music, so I have a lot of respect for him. His passion for vintage guitars is very sincere and these Epis give him a chance to put that experience too use (and make a bit of money out of it) putting together guitar specs that a lot of people seem very keen on so it's the same thing really, they're not for me but good on him.

End of the day, if Epiphone wanted to pay me to design a series of guitars... just dm me if you do guys, I've loads of ideas! And I'll do it for half what you're paying Bonamassa!
I agree with you in that way! Not a fan of him or his music but it’s nice work if you can get it.

Cool video. It would be nice if at the end there was more of him just jamming on the guitar.

I've been happy with an Epiphone 56 Les Paul that I got a few years back.

specialidiot

most likely to seceede
Platinum Supporting Member
I'm not an LP guy but this caught my eye. I started my Reverb search for when used ones hit the market.

CBHTele

Silver Supporting Member
Love the story, but…it really feels like a cash grab. it’s just an amber/lemon burst epiphone Les paul! I mean, big deal.
Except that it includes Gibson Burstbucker pickups and a hard shell case. Even the new Slash models don’t include premium pickups anymore, and have bumped up to $50 more than the JB.

Also, the Epiphone JB sigs have done tremendously well over the years, so why would Epi and JB not continue with the success?

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
I saw the video yesterday and enjoyed watching it. I'd like to play one sometime. I'm really not interested in getting any more guitars, (no, really!!!) and if I was it wouldn't be a Les Paul because I'm well set up with those. But it looks pretty cool. The other Epi sig LP I'd like to try is the Jared James Nichols single P90 one.

Bob T.

I'm no longer a huge fan of Les Pauls in general, but this one does look really nice to me. Would love to try one out just for the heck of it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom