Epiphone Les Paul Modern? Who's played em?

jordans0nly

Gold Supporting Member
While returning the new Epiphone SG Custom (felt very stiff, also pretty neck heavy), wondering who's played these new models?

Not sure if I want the Blue or Burgundy.

Nsomniac

I've seen the blue in stock, but the black really does it for me (in the pics at least). I'm interested in hearing about these as well.

jrockbridge

I have not yet played them but I’m interested. I’m hoping to play one of the LP’s in person. In the meantime, I’ve checked out videos. They sound good In the videos to me.

jrockbridge

There was a good video review of the Epi LP Modern which I can’t find now. It was mostly positive but also critical on some points. For example, the clear knobs have a lot of flaws and sharp edges on them. And that reviewer did not like the heel contour that much because he said it still leaves a lot of uncomfortable edges. I guess he thought it should be more like an axcess. Also, he thought the neck split pup mode was too muffled. Again, most of the rest of the review was positive and the guitar sounded great when he played it.

jordans0nly

Gold Supporting Member
My Pelham Blue Modern arrived on Monday. Took it in for a setup/fret issue yesterday.

Very nice playing guitar.
Got mine Wed. Plays great, dont think there are any fret issues. Actually love the neck on it. Didnt know if I would.

djp141

Overall the fretwork was fine, just one issue around the 20th fret.

The Pelham Blue is really striking in person. Depending on how the light hits it, it can almost look green. And GC had them priced lower than the Burgundy and Black, for some reason.

OM-18fan

Has anyone else been able to try one of these?

The LP Modern looks like everything you could ask for at a great price.

I'm still staying away from the stores but once things get better, I'll be hoping to get out and try one of these.

Trending Topics