Epiphone Les Paul New Wiring Harness Help

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by lovelucki13, Feb 19, 2015.

1. lovelucki13

lovelucki13 Member

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to get a wiring harness (including bumble bee caps) for my Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro. It does have coil tap. Are there any places you'd recommend ordering a built kit from? If anyone has a kit laying around, I may be interested in it. Please help.

2. nateco

nateco Member

I'd recommend doing it yourself...it's pretty easy, even if you're a beginner.

I wouldn't bother with bumblebees...lots of great choices that start under a dollar.

Not too many ways you can screw it up...and if you bugger a part, the parts are cheap, order a couple spare parts while you're at it.

3. sliberty

sliberty Member

You really can do it yourself much cheaper and with great results. But if you want a kit, check out RS Guitarworks.

But be aware that Epi's (and Gibson's for that matter) use little modular plugs to connect things these days. That means that the wires that come from the pickups have these plugs on them, and you will likely have to cut them off and wire direct to your new pots. This also applies to the wires that come from the switch. On the other hand, if you are replacing everything, this won't be an issue.

One last thing - the holes in the body are slightly too small for USA pots. So you'll have to ream out those holes. Not a big deal with the right tool (tapered reamer).