Epiphone PeeWee Les Paul

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Janglin_Jack, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Janglin_Jack

Janglin_Jack Member

I found on the web this little Epiphone PeeWee Les Paul, (not sure the scale length, but it is a mini guitar). It says to tune a minor third higher G C F A# D G, probably to keep the proper tension. Would using a heavier guage string be helpful in keeping the proper tuning/tension or the fact they suggest retuning to G, mean that heavier guage strings won't be enough to fix the slack? I would like to tune to standard E tuning.

Jack

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  2. HipKitty

HipKitty Silver Supporting Member

You won't be able to keep it in tune in standard tuning.

3. MikeB_18

MikeB_18 Member

My neighbor bought one for his kid and it was horrible, horrible piece of crap. Wouldn't stay in tune long enough to finish tuning it. Avoid it at all costs!

4. Janglin_Jack

Janglin_Jack Member

Did it not stay in tune is Standard E? What about the suggested raised tuning to G?

Jack

5. MikeB_18

MikeB_18 Member

It just flat out wouldn't stay in tune. If you could even get it fully in tune it would go out within a minute of strumming a few chords. We even put on a set of Grovers just to see if it would help and there was no improvement.

Perhaps he just got a really bad one but it was worthless.

6. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

Those mini Epis are crap!
    They're nothing more than toys or wall art.

If you want a decent priced "mini", the Squire Mini Strat and the Ibanez Mikro are way better.

7. Janglin_Jack

Janglin_Jack Member

I have my old first guitar to give my kids when they are a little older, (right now 6 weeks old and 3 1/2 years old). That is a 1965 Fender Duo Sonic. I wanted to step up from the little painted Chinese ukulele to something she could bang around on and not worry too much about it. The guitar and amp actually arrived in the mail and tunes fine to the higher pitch. I put 11's on it and it is still tempermental at Standard E but is holding decent pitch, (considering she isn't really playing it anyway). Just sort of strumming on it, I just wish it was in tune!

Jack