epiphone sheraton vs ibanez as73g

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Louis124, May 9, 2016.

1. Louis124

Louis124 Member

hello all,
    as the title of this thread suggests, i am in the market for my first hollow body in the price range of 300-400 pounds. i love both the look and sound of both these models, and just wanted your input on these two seemingly incredible guitars. i am also open to suggestions about other humbucker equipped semis in or below this price range.
    many thanks,
    L

2. WoodenDuckMaker

WoodenDuckMaker Member

They are a really close match. The Sheraton has a slight edge with looks and adornments and the Ibanez has a slight edge with its hardware and pickups. Nobody can tell you which one to pick. Play them both and choose which one that speaks to you more. But either is a wise choice.

3. scott944

scott944 Member

Neck shapes will differ - make an effort to try before you buy. Used Eastman may fit your budget, as well.

4. Rob Donovan

Rob Donovan Member

I love my Sheraton to death after putting in a Duncan Jazz/JB combo. That said, I like the Ibanez Artcores as well. I've played Artcores many times in the stores and I always wonder why I haven't bought one.

Also in that range are the Hagstrom Viking DLX, Eastwood classic 6 (standard and DLX), Eastwood Custom Kraft DLX, and the Italia Rimini. I haven't been able to try any of these, but I want to - especially the Hagstrom.

There's also the Squier Vintage Modified '72 Tele Thinline to consider. Or if you want something a little different, a Danelectro Hodad.

Either way, both the Sheraton and the Ibanez are great guitars as long as you like the stock pickups or don't mind swapping them out.