Epiphone Wildkat case: poor fit?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Scrib, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Scrib

Scrib Member

Hello,

Bought myself an Epiphone Wildkat a few weeks back. I wanted a nice case for it and as it's a bit of an odd size I had to order one. Went for the official Epiphone Wildkat/Flamekat case, which took about a month but finally arrived yesterday.

Unfortunately, I didn't bring my guitar to the shop when I picked the case up. I figured, since it was the official Wildkat case, it'd be alright. Coming home, I find that the case doesn't fit as nicely as I had hoped. It fits, but the head stock is off-center so half the tuners are pressed against the padding, and the shoulder strap button near the neck is really pressing into the padding as well. So much so that I think the padding there won't last long.

I know a snug fit is better than a loose fit, but is this normal?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MJG

MJG Member

Take the strap off???

I guess not all cases are always going to be a perfect fit for all guitars as there will be minor dimensional differences between each individual guitar and case. I've got a 3k Taylor acoustic and the headstock sits off centre in that. It's not pressing against the side though - maybe you could take it back and swap it?

3. Scrib

Scrib Member

Thanks for the reply! Actually, the strap is not that much of a problem. It's the strap button that is pushing into the padding.

I'm thinking about swapping it. Not quite sure yet. Swapping it would mean waiting another month for a case to make its way from the US out here to the Netherlands. And that one might fit just as poorly.

4. Scrib

Scrib Member

Well, it's been a while but I went back to the shop in February. They acknowledged the problem and contacted Gibson Europe. Gibson Europe decided to bring in a new case to see if it would fit any better. This took them 8 months. And, unfortunately, the new case had the same problem.