EQ Pedal Question for Gigging Guitarist

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitarman1956, Jun 23, 2008.

1. guitarman1956

guitarman1956 Supporting Member

I'm thinking about placing an EQ pedal after my overdrive pedals. Do you use one? What brand would you recommend? Something that won't color my tone?

Thanks

2. peacebone

peacebone Member

I have a Japanese GE-7 with a Sniper Mod and it's incredibly transparent.

3. Todd Lynch

Todd Lynch Member

I like the Dano Mini EQ (drk green plastic) - it's cheap and works great - same EQ points as the GE7.

4. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

I use a EQ Pedal to smooth out the amp's EQ. Like i turn up and the amp has a nasty mid then i try to get rid of it, or if the amp just needs a little push in the bass than i use it for that. I usually try out the sounds i gonna use and see if the Eq pedal makes a difference, like if im gonna do a jazzy solo on my front pick-up and the guitar distorts then i turn off the EQ and see if thats causing it and if so i'll turn it off when im gonna do sometime on the front then kick it in when i go back the bridge or neck+brigde.

I dont really use it for tone shaping as it covers the overall sound soo well.

AJ

5. Dog Boy

Dog Boy Member

+1:d

6. crzyfngers

crzyfngers Member

i understand what you're asking but... an eq that doesn't color your tone, that's just funny.

7. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

I use an mxr 10 band after overdrive and a boss ge-7 right after the guitar...the boss boosts low and mids, cuts treble, and acts as a buffer for my wah directly after it...

the mxr is what I use to do the real eq tweaking...mostly slight adjustments, nothing drastic...love my current tone