EQ Pedal Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tommygunn1986, Dec 7, 2016.

1. tommygunn1986

tommygunn1986 Member

Someone near me is selling an MXR 10 band EQ. I've never owned an EQ pedal and already own a Diamond compressor. Would I have a use for this? Can it be used for less conventional stuff, like to achieve a computery sound (like Fuzz Factory without the fuzz)?

2. Johnny Moondog

Johnny Moondog Member

I use my BOSS GE-7, as a boost (with tone options.)

3. Bob T.

Bob T. Member

An EQ pedal can be used for a variety of things including:

- shaping the overall tone of your guitar
    - re-voicing a dirt pedal
    - boost in volume and certain frequencies

Not an all inclusive list by any means, but it gives you some ideas. If you do not have an EQ pedal currently, I recommend you pick one up within your budget. I have the EQD Tone Job. Though I have been using it for years, I am constantly using it for different things because of how flexible it is. Definitely put an EQ on your board and have some fun!

4. GuitarMD

GuitarMD Member

Sure, you can cut all frequencies but 4k and get a guitar through an old telephone type sound.
    EQ pedals can be used to boost certain frequencies and help you stand out for a solo, as well.

5. NielsM

NielsM Member

I use my EQ as a tonal shaper. I have a Source Audio Programmable EQ with 4 presets. Once I play live I can shape the tone according to song and guitar.
    Some songs I feel it need more mids to cut through more and some songs I would like to be more in the background.
    So many uses for EQ and for me a must have.