• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

eq pedal with tim

blazzrock

Silver Supporting Member
i've never really been an eq kind of guy, but the tim makes me wonder how cool it could be to use an eq in the loop for more versatility. anyone got any experience using the tim that way?

JBarlow

At least when I talked to Paul about the pedal, that's exactly what he had intended it for. Go for it!

blazzrock

Silver Supporting Member
do you think you could make the tim sound like other pedals by using an eq in the loop? i'm thinking about downsizing my board, and need to get close to a klon in a small package. so would you do an eq, or is there another pedal that could get me close in a 125 or 1290 size enclosure?

Bobster

hmm, never tried an eq before, but i'm placing my redwitch chorus on the tim with the chorus set to give the dry type of chorus sound.
I'd probably try a fuzz on it next, maybe i'd even give the timmy a try on it.. Has anyone done it before?

kidvox

yea i wonder what other people put in their Tim loop, i've noticed that a lot of people don't use it

indravayu

I've played around with an EQ in the TIM loop - makes it even more flexible, but I didn't find that it drastically altered the feel of the pedal. I'm just using a cheap 7-band Danelectro EQ, though.

guitarpkr67

Silver Supporting Member
I've never put anything in my Tim's loop. I need to try it one day. I forget it's there.

kidvox

man, this makes me want to put my name on the waiting list for a tim and experiment with the loop. i wonder what a big muff or any other fuzz sounds like in the loop.

OrangeAD30TC

The venerable H.W.
The Loop comes after the pedal so it should be identical to placing the pedal after it. The advantage of the loop is that it becomes engaged when the Tim is engaged and bypassed when the Tim is bypassed.

Trending Topics