1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

eqable clean boost

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jj jafar, Feb 6, 2006.

1. jj jafar

jj jafar Member

I have had a few good clean boosts(Katana,Super Hard On,Chile Picoso)but I need one I can eq.Sometimes depending on which guitar or other pedals your running I get too much bass or highs with the boost on.I need something I can tweak at any given moment.Im thinking the RC fits the bill.Any others?Jason

2. jeak

jeak Member

The Timmy can be used this way.

3. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

Fulltone Fat Boost as a tiny tone pot with a broad sweep. The drive pot also has an impact on the overall tone. This pedal is one of my stand-by's; it's been useful on any amp I've played through.

4. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Member

The obvious choice is the RC Booster...it has treble and bass controls:AOK

5. Luke V

Luke V Member

TIM is great cleanboost.

6. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

Why not use an EQ pedal like a Sniper Mod?

7. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Check out the Barber Barb Eq-it is a custom shop piece-standard eq structure is blackface eq designed to be used with a tweed amp with basic 1 kob eq but David Barber can customize it for all different types of amp eq tones and drive tones too. I am going to get a blackface version to run into a plexi for clean blackface rhythm tones and then use a Gainster for tweed rhythm and lead grit tones-a nice American complment to my D*A*M British fuzzes and boosts. www.barberelectronics.com and the forum at the site has a lot of info as does Bob at The Perfect Note-ww.tpngear.com

8. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

+1 on the RC booster

9. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

The new Antelope Morning Dew looks promising! :)

10. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

11. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

Rc Booster, not as fat as the FatBoost, not as hard as the SexDrive...just right!

It's true that the TIM and Timmy can be used as a pure clean boost and are great sounding in this mode too but bear in mind with the gain all the way down there's not as much volume lift as with some of the other dedicated clean boosts.
    I do love my Timmy though-so versatile in the clean>slightly dirty>medium gain overdrive spectrum.

12. webb

webb Member

The morning dew is perfect for this application, and many others. I'm glad I hung on to mine.

13. spentron

spentron Member

Contour Boost. Midrange boost plus boost. Simple enough circuit to answer "why not just use an EQ?" (See sig, note: availability better than my site says now).

14. Den

Den Member

Agreed ... and although it's got great EQ onboard, if you're looking for more, you can drop a separate EQ in the loop.

You may find that TIM gives you not only what you're looking for now, but much more flexibility for other needs as well.