EQD Dream Crusher q's

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SixDemonBag, Jan 26, 2012.

1. SixDemonBag

SixDemonBag Member

....I've got the EQD bug BAD. Looking at picking up a Dream Crusher to possible replace my London Fuzz.

Q's:

-does the dream crusher have an internal trim/bias pot?

-I know my London doesn't really sound good unless the fuzz is at/near max, but from what it sound the DC is a bit more useable low gain. True?

-will the DC work into a clean fender? I usually have to run the London into another overdrive to tame the highs.

Thanks!

2. Blunder

Blunder Supporting Member

The Dream Crusher does have an internal bias pot.
    As far as the clean amp thing goes. I haven't played a FF style pedal that sounds as good into a clean amp as one that is starting to break up. It's just nature of that circuit. Not to say the DC will sound bad into a clean fender. I just think you'll get more out of it cranking the amp or running it into another dirt pedal.

3. Sensates

Sensates Member

I read somewhere that Jamie doesn't recommend adjusting the trim pot.

I have the dream crusher, it sounds great at different gain settings, from light fuzz to doom metal distortions. Regarding the amp gain I think it depends on your preference. On a clean amp it can sound somewhat in between a fuzz and overdrive. Impressive clean up abilities.

Definitely worth a look!

4. hclapp219

hclapp219 Member

Here's a clip I made of the dream crusher's lower gain settings a while back: [SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/hclapp219/dream-crusher-lo-gain[/SOUNDCLOUD]

5. SixDemonBag

SixDemonBag Member

Thanks Hclapp, those clips were great. Exactly what I wanted. I can't believe they are at it's lowest gain though. Normally fuzz faces don't sound that good and touch sensitive low like that.

Think I'm going to pick one up. It's going to have to be pretty good to replace my London.....but it's EQD so it must rock!