EQD Palisades - best drive pedal I´ve ever played. really.

Enusire

This text got longer then I´ve expected.

A week ago I didn´t even know what a "Palisades" is. Maybe an exotic fruit? Never heard of it. Then I saw this pedal for sale and I started the common research, google, youtube, gearpage. After that I decided to give it a try. The price was really keen and it would have been no problem to resell it.

I play a Duesenberg Starplayer Special into a H&K Tubemeister 18 "Twelve" Combo (TM with 12" speaker). The clean channel sounds fantastic, not too sterile and not too warm, just right in my ears. I don´t really like the drive channel by itself, for me it´s too washy. So I have dirt pedals for that job. I´m running my Amp always clean.

Many people speak from an overdrive-search-journey they have made. Same for me. A damn cool but also damn exhausting journey. Sound familiar? :rolleyes: With many dirt pedals I was quite satisfied, but it never was → just perfect ←

With the Palisades I have so many options to dial in my sound - it´s sick. It´s the first time that I´m completely satisfied with the dirt sound of my guitar/amp.

You and I, we both know that I´m in the honeymoon with the Palisades and we both know that I will buy other dirt pedals in future, but I have to say that I never was blown away more by a dirt pedal.

That doesn´t mean that I´m finally arrived from my "journey". To be honest I don´t want to arrive, I want to try out new things to create new sounds and flavours. And that doesn´t mean that this pedal is for every player/guitar/amp. Man, how often did I try things which were named as the "best pedal/amp/guitar in the world, seriously guuuuuys!" - and absolutely hated it. But for me this thing absolutely delivers.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks for reading.

shinksma

Cool! I am curious about the Palisades, but I have no room for it on my current boards, and I'm not yet ready to start taking stuff off until I've explored all of the combinations and permutations of the current iteration. Still, it does seem like something that could replace two or three of my drive pedals...

BrandonAy

Nice. For nostalgia's sake, I recently played through my Hardwire CM-2 (one of my first pedals) for the first time and remembered how great a TS could be. Palisades may be a bit much, but I wouldn't mind grabbing their Dunes.

Enusire

Cool! I am curious about the Palisades, but I have no room for it on my current boards
As BrandonAy mentioned, maybe the new pedal "Dunes" from EQD could be something for you. It has the size of a normal pedal with some of the features of the Palisades. But I don´t think it´s already available.

Sociophile

"Ignore" Button Aficionado
Couldn't bond with mine, though I'm happy you like yours.

[MOD EDIT]

Last edited by a moderator:

rck

I demoed the EQD Dunes and liked the features, especially the voicing toggle option, sounded great. It's on my list of OD's to buy.

If someone could mod it so the boost was independant I would say it's a perfect pedal. Although it might be a bit much for some people. But if you like TS type pedals I don't see why this wouldn't be the first pedal everyone goes to.

tremolo3

I really want to try that. I'm wondering how does it compare against BYOC OD2 and other modded Tube Screamers.

Enusire

If someone could mod it so the boost was independant I would say it's a perfect pedal.
Another thing I would add is an extra volume knob for channel B. In my setting channel B is way too loud when I switch from A to B - still have to find out how I handle that in future, especially when I'm playing live..

myaudiodna

I'm a big fan of EQD, however I just didn't get along with the Palisades. For a TS derivative, it wasn't enough TS flavor for me. Though to be fair, taking into consideration what EQD does I should never have expected it to be a standard TS with a bunch of extra options.

whitetiger95

Another thing I would add is an extra volume knob for channel B. In my setting channel B is way too loud when I switch from A to B - still have to find out how I handle that in future, especially when I'm playing live..
I use the B side as a heavy lead tone, so the volume bump actually helps in that regard. Though I'm using a Voice at 4 and Bandwith at 3, which is as close to equal as I've found (not quite, but close enough). I usually play at church so the issue doesn't come up too often. What is annoying is that if you set the Voice at 6 for quasi fuzz tones, the output actually drops between A and B, which is the opposite of what you want...

Buck Naked

This text got longer then I´ve expected.

A week ago I didn´t even know what a "Palisades" is. Maybe an exotic fruit? Never heard of it. Then I saw this pedal for sale and I started the common research, google, youtube, gearpage. After that I decided to give it a try. The price was really keen and it would have been no problem to resell it.

I play a Duesenberg Starplayer Special into a H&K Tubemeister 18 "Twelve" Combo (TM with 12" speaker). The clean channel sounds fantastic, not too sterile and not too warm, just right in my ears. I don´t really like the drive channel by itself, for me it´s too washy. So I have dirt pedals for that job. I´m running my Amp always clean.

Many people speak from an overdrive-search-journey they have made. Same for me. A damn cool but also damn exhausting journey. Sound familiar? :rolleyes: With many dirt pedals I was quite satisfied, but it never was → just perfect ←

With the Palisades I have so many options to dial in my sound - it´s sick. It´s the first time that I´m completely satisfied with the dirt sound of my guitar/amp.

You and I, we both know that I´m in the honeymoon with the Palisades and we both know that I will buy other dirt pedals in future, but I have to say that I never was blown away more by a dirt pedal.

That doesn´t mean that I´m finally arrived from my "journey". To be honest I don´t want to arrive, I want to try out new things to create new sounds and flavours. And that doesn´t mean that this pedal is for every player/guitar/amp. Man, how often did I try things which were named as the "best pedal/amp/guitar in the world, seriously guuuuuys!" - and absolutely hated it. But for me this thing absolutely delivers.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks for reading.
That's cool. My happy place is a Signa Drive.

meowmers

Couldn't bond with it. But can't deny that it was a great OD. It's feels nice and well designed there

Except for the huge uncontrollable volume bump

sickboy79

I've been meaning to grab a Palisades one of these days. Everything I hear in clips/videos sounds amazing. I'm a big EQD fan and have quite a few of their dirt pedals. All are nothing short of outstanding. The Dunes looks really cool too. The Palisades/Dunes thing reminds me of the Analogman KOT/POT thing. Super cool!

din_mentor

i love my Palisades. ended a long search for "my" OD pedal.
about the volume bump, well it isn't meant to be used with for an example A set low and B set High. you set the A for where you like it and then set B for a volume/gain boost.

The A/B gains is basically the same principle as the boost on the Fulltone Fulldrive 2.

Trending Topics