EQD Palisades - best drive pedal I´ve ever played. really.

Meriphew

Couldn't bond with it. But can't deny that it was a great OD. It's feels nice and well designed there

Except for the huge uncontrollable volume bump
Is it a gradual volume knob, or is it hard to get it set properly (ie bump it a little and it goes from just a little too soft to blow your ears out loud)? I've had a couple of dirt boxes like that - I liked their sound, but the volume knobs were so poorly tapered that it made it way too challenging to easily set the volume. Hope that's not the case with the Dunes.

Veritas

Gold Supporting Member
It does have a lot of volume on tap, that's true. However, I haven't had any issues with setting the volume level with my rig.

Rai

I have a Palisades and I love it although for the volume bump when you switch from gain A to gain B, I admit it would have been better if they had put separate volume knobs for A and B. Otherwise, it's not totally uncontrollable. Maybe the next version...

howthewestwas1

Gold Supporting Member
Just played one of these today and was so impressed I came home with it. My first EQD pedal and it is fantastic. I am still learning the ins and outs but I tend to stick with voice 4 and bandwidth 3, buffer on. This thing does have massive amounts of volume and there is the potential for big jumps between gain A and B, depending on how you set it. I tend to run gain A around 9-10:00 and gain B around 8:30 or so. For the most part I stick with gain A and use the boost, but kicking in gain B with these settings gives me just enough extra gain and push. Very fat and thick! Sounds great with my blackfaces. Well done EQD!

earwax

Really liking mine a lot. Love how easily I can adjust it to the amp or the guitar I am using. Also agree with the volume jump issue but a lot of times I want the volume boost with the extra gain anyways. So 60 percent of the time I don't mind it.

hippieboy

Silver Supporting Member
So after a year or so, what's the verdict? did you guys kept it? changed it? grow tired of it? Still love it? i'm thinking on getting one as my stand alone OD for my nano board, through a Ac15c1 and a HSS strat american deluxe. Any thoughts would be really appreciate it :)

chilln

I got one over the summer. I love it.

It doesn't replace a ts808 for certain things like 'the' 80's metal sound (narrow), but it can get really really close. Comparing the two, I like the palisades better, for sound and versatility, but will keep an 808 for those times when it just really works for a part.

I like the Palisades because it gets the TSish sound (slight mid bump), but it's not boxy/compressed, unless I want it to be (voice and bandwidth). It feels and sounds open. And, there are - a lot more - than just TS-flavored tones in the Palisades.

Kylote

I loved it when I had it, but the Dunes has the settings I used most on the Palisades and takes up a lot less space on my pedalboard.

hippieboy

Silver Supporting Member
I got one over the summer. I love it.

It doesn't replace a ts808 for certain things like 'the' 80's metal sound (narrow), but it can get really really close. Comparing the two, I like the palisades better, for sound and versatility, but will keep an 808 for those times when it just really works for a part.

I like the Palisades because it gets the TSish sound (slight mid bump), but it's not boxy/compressed, unless I want it to be (voice and bandwidth). It feels and sounds open. And, there are - a lot more - than just TS-flavored tones in the Palisades.
do you like the low end? how would you describe it?

chilln

do you like the low end? how would you describe it?
I love it. It has plenty of low end, when needed. I put the bandwidth on 5 and the voice on 2, and it is plenty open sounding and retains low end. It allows much more low end than my 808, with it's 720hz rolloff, iirc, if that's what you're referencing. The Palisades bandwidth changes the input cap (iirc) and it adjusts this cutoff point to allow more options than an 808 with it's preset rolloff.

The 808 sounds narrow compared to some settings on the Palisades. When the bandwidth is on 1,2,3 it can remove some (to a lot) of the low end, like an 808, if that's needed. Palisades can sound open and loose, or tight and narrow like an 808. It's extremely versatile, IMHO.

I still love the 808, but if I could only have one, it would definitely be a Palisades: it has the 808 character/sound and so much more.

Trending Topics