• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

EQD Plumes Exclusive Colors

Yani

No really, is there some flaw with the footswitch? I ask because I have one in my cart... ;)

No flaw. Just EQDs flexi switching, hold it down for momentary, tap for on/off. I like it, but I understand that some feels it takes some time getting used to, especially if you really like stiff footswitches and like the "click".

MIM#1

Hmm, I don't know why you would need a momentary option for an overdrive.Glad I saw this.

Purple_Plexi

:love:

L84949000001000-00-720x720.jpg

RYAN1987M

Gold Supporting Member

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
I'm looking to pick up a Plumes today and I was about to start a thread on colors, and BAM, right here on top is this thread. It's like fate or something I tell you.

Anyone seen the El Dorado Sweetwater ones in person? My gut tells me is gaudy and ugly and I wouldn't be into it. But sometimes you need to see those things in person to appreciate them. Not sure on the pea green stock one either. Looking at Purple Sparkle from Gear Hero or Raw metal with Purple from Musiciansfriend.

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
Did you not buy one because it has a flexi switch?

The momentary switching for me is part of the reason I want it. I use a Spark Mini currently and the momentary switch is great for boosting a single note line in the middle of a guitar part. The proper gain for rhythm chords often sounds weak and lacks sustain when you move to single notes. Momentary lets you hit your OD harder for a few seconds without having to click on and back off again.

Purple_Plexi

The momentary switching for me is part of the reason I want it. I use a Spark Mini currently and the momentary switch is great for boosting a single note line in the middle of a guitar part. The proper gain for rhythm chords often sounds weak and lacks sustain when you move to single notes. Momentary lets you hit your OD harder for a few seconds without having to click on and back off again.

It has its advantages, more useful with some effects rather than others, but I have to say I prefer the regular reassuringly hard click switches :dunno
Not to mention I never had old ones pop whereas some of these new ones do.

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
It has its advantages, more useful with some effects rather than others, but I have to say I prefer the regular reassuringly hard click switches :dunno
Haven't seen any of that. My current soft switches are the EQD Grand Orbiter, TC Spark Mini, Wampler Pantheon, and Boss DD-200. So far so good. Knockin' on wood and crossing fingers.

Oh, and I went with the good ol' Pea Green Plumes as Earthquaker intended. It suits the pedal well I think.

ryanmcdermottguitar

Psychedelic Speed Freak
Silver Supporting Member

Never had an EQD flexi switch pop and I've had a ton.

ryanmcdermottguitar

Psychedelic Speed Freak
Silver Supporting Member
By "pop" are we meaning an audible pop? Or just straight up popping off the pedal? lol

I assume we're talking about the pop you get through the amp when you turn on certain pedals, not the mechanical click of the more standard (read: non-flexi) switches.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom