EQD Sea machine settings - a noob need help

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Louiddur, Aug 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Louiddur

Louiddur Member

Hi guys,

I bought a EQD Sea Machine V2 last week from a friend at a really decent price. I'm a real chorus noob, but I wanted to introduce some new sounds in my songs

I really like the faux warped vinyl / detuned / lo-fi flutter sounds. I have a hard time dialing it, or anything remarkable with the pedal. I know it's the user's fault (that would be me) and not the device. A lot of people will tell me to experiment myself, but all the knobs seems interconnected and I'm not a really good knob tweaker.

Can you guys share your favorite settings with this pedal? Anything that you like. That could help me a lot!

Thanks!

2. andrekp

andrekp Member

I can’t help directly, since I don’t own this, but maybe look for some demo/review vids of this pedal for some ideas. May be very helpful.

Flatscan likes this.
  3. thomas4th

thomas4th Member

The way to become a better knob tweaker is to tweak knobs more.

4. Moody Tuner

Moody Tuner Member

There are likely some sample settings in the manual. Obviously, read the manual (if you haven’t already). The best way to learn is to be your own teacher. Only you can find the sounds that you like. Good luck.

5. Flatscan

Flatscan Supporting Member

Check out old threads. My memory is that several discuss settings.

I would Google from outside TGP and also try TGP's search function.

EQD suggests settings here:

https://www.earthquakerdevices.com/sea-machine

It is a pedal that rewards experimentation. I would also watch demos as suggested above for settings.

I found the V1 much better than the V2 (richer).

6. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

I have a big box v1. It’s a great chorus.

I don’t have it in front of me, but remember, it’s okay to have some knobs on zero and some on ten.

Also, the intensity knob actually adjusts mix. I like it at ten. Read the manual and feel free to relabel knobs with some tape and a marker.

I like dimension at zero
    I keep shape at zero most of the time

Flatscan likes this.