• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

EQD Tusk fuzz. Any fans?

Goo Fighters

Don't hear too much about this pedal, but the clips I've heard of it sound great. How does it compare to the Hoof?

Windup 43

Silver Supporting Member
I had one and really dug the sound a lot- very under the radar fuzz. I loved that the gain knob was useable through the entire sweep. Kind of a fuzzface/rat sort of tone, very nice- I'd like to pick up another eventually...

jazzandmetal?

Silver Supporting Member
Very cool pedal. Not near as heavy as the hoof though. Also has a good bit of noise to it.

((TechnicolorSkyline))

Silver Supporting Member
My favorite alltime fuzz. Still thinking twice about selling mine, just wish I had more room on my damn board to keep it and get another fuzz...

I agree about it not being as heavy as the Hoof. It sounds a little more refined and clear as well. Overall, I find it kind of "even" sounding if that makes any sense... it's not terribly aggressive.

musickbox

It's good. I liked it. My Rat can do a harsher version of that sound, but the Tusk is a fuzz. It reacts, decays, and feels different than a Rat. Definitely would call it the Fuzz version of a Rat.

HBob

I just got one from Tone Factor and I'm really liking it. It has an articulate sound kind of like the Skreddy Screwdriver. It has a very cool thing going on with my Lovepedal Les Luis. The Les Luis usually doesn't stack that well with some of my other pedals but these two are meshing great. The Tusk kind of takes off where the Les Luis dirt ends. I'm running the fuzz half way up and stacking it with the Les Luis in front on the 5e3 setting. It also cleans up well with the guitars volume knob or light picking. I'm mostly using a tele.

Trending Topics