equipment choices

tim197070

hi all i have a line 6 flextone2 2x12 combo that i use to run with an 4x12 extension cab.the cab i had was the cheap mg marshall.i have recently sold it and i am thinking about getting either a 2x12 1936 cab or a tv cab with greenbacks.i also looked at the tech 21 power engine and liked it to.i have even thought about not using my line 6 at all and get 2 power engines and a good preamp and effects. anyone got any suggestions.when i started playing you just plugged your strat into a twin and played.lol

Primakurtz

And, we'd probably all be better off if we went back to that Strat and that Twin.

That being said, the 1936 is an excellent cabinet. Many excellent rig ideas here at TGP; do some searching around, and have fun!

tim197070

thanks i was just looking at drz amps on you tube great tone i have never seen them before except for brad paisley.

ronmail65

Gold Supporting Member
Generally speaking, I think modeling amps (like the Flextone) perform best with flat response speakers. Something very similar to what is in the combo right now.

That said, what are you trying to accomplish with another cabinet? Do you want to simply move more air with the same sound or are you trying to color the sound with different speaker voicing?

If you can answer these questions for yourself, it will narrow down your choice of speakers / cabinets.

Trending Topics