Equipment upgrade questions...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by ArtVandalay, Apr 12, 2015.

1. ArtVandalay

ArtVandalay Member

Hello all...first post!

I would love to get some good input about which direction to go to improve my current setup. First, I have played acoustic for years and used to play through a old Crate mono dual speaker output power mixer run directly into 2 Passive 200watt EV speakers (SX100). But I recently purchased an Apogee One which made me (finally) able to start playing my '93 American Standard Fender Strat. I have been playing:

the strat-> Apogee One->Ipad running Garage Band-> Crate power mixer->passive EV speaker (or speakerS- :D ). Aside from being a bit unconventional, it sounds pretty good and gets pretty loud. I also have a Jamman looper and a Cry Baby wah pedal which I can also integrate into this setup.

Question is how to best improve this in the most economical way possible while still preserving ability to play out acoustic if I ever chance to do that again...I really think I may get a Line 6 Firehawk FX which I think would be a lot of fun to play with. I have also considered:

1) buying an amp such a Fender deluxe reverb to replace power amp and speakers
    2) selling the passive speakers and buying powered speakers instead
    3) selling the mixer and buying something else instead, something that could at least handle stereo output (for stereo looping, etc.)
    4)some combination of the above

Help please, don't have unlimited funds but also want to have a quality system that is not so antiquated and clunky.

Any help/advice is highly appreciated, thanks!!!

2. manicompression

manicompression Member

I would start by buying a proper guitar amp for the electric then move from there depending on what's lacking

3. IM4Tone

IM4Tone Member