Equivalent to ZVex Fuzz Factory

mingo

I am looking for a equivalent to Zvex's fuzz factory pedal. Possibly a little cheaper version also, but still has great sound quality.

Any recommendations???

Thanks!

jordanL

AFAIK the FF is unique. There is the Vexter version of the pedal. There are always used ones around. Its a challenging pedal to use-every tweak of the knobs reveals different sounds, its not a plug it in and go sort of pedal.

Zoom had a pedal called the ultra fuzz that could do some of the theremin fx, but wasn't capable of all the craziness of the FF.

Chrome Dinette

I had a Fuzz Factory for a while. It only did one thing that I liked and it didn't seem to agree with active pickups. If you go to this site and scroll down to the PWM, there is a schematic that does something similar to the thing I liked about the FF.

http://www.geocities.com/tpe123/folkurban/fuzz/snippets.html

This circuit produces sounds similar to what the instruction sheet for the FF called the velcro fuzz setting, sort of a gated sound that has the qualities of a low bitrate sampler.

T

Tecx

Really?.. I thought is was more straight forward...

Originally posted by king-albert
The Urso Splinter can do some of the farting and sputtering of the FF. But not the theramin-like squealing.

i just bought a death by audio Supersonic Fuzz Gun off of eBay for $125. it can get a lot of the sounds my fuzz probe gets, but it's pricey new

LeicaBossNJ

Gold Supporting Member
The Fuzz Factory has astoundingly few components + a bunch of pots.

Check Aion Electronics who sells a PCB so you can make and customize your own. They add extra control (which is wild, given the control the original provides).

Like the ZenDrive, as soon as you start messing with that circuit, it kind of becomes something else.

Mr2D

I got a used, vexter fuzz probe for £99. They go for pretty cheap used. Just get a Fuzz Factory.