Eric Bibb and Guy Davis - Should I go?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by desertrat07, Feb 7, 2012.

1. desertrat07

desertrat07 Supporting Member

I am a big fan of the blues, but know very little about Eric Bibb and Guy Davis. They're coming through my town Friday night on a double bill at a great old theater and I've got a babysitter... but tickets are a little pricey. Should I go?

2. Lotus

Lotus Member

I just got Bibb's album Booker's Guitar and it's already one of my favourite (acoustic) blues albums. It's mostly him and his guitar. He has a great voice, and I like his playing too (mostly rhythm).

If I were you, I'd definitely go!

3. bluesjunior

bluesjunior Member

I saw Eric here in the UK a few years and he was just great. A terrific player with a voice like warm chocolate. If you like good music served with taste you really ought to go.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  4. desertrat07

desertrat07 Supporting Member

Thanks Lotus and bluesjunior! Of course, that's what I wanted to hear. It's not often the wife and I get out to see music anymore with a 5-year-old at home.

Cheers,
    Adam

5. stevieboy

stevieboy Clouds yell at me Gold Supporting Member

Never seen him live but they play Eric Bibb on the blues channel on Music Choice a lot. I enjoy him and would go see him. I really like the title song from Booker's Guitar.

6. tweedster

tweedster Supporting Member

Saw Eric Bibb open for Mayall & Robben Ford. He stole the show. Made me think about traveling light (acoustic). Bought a parlor guitar because of the gig.