• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Eric Bibb and Guy Davis - Should I go?

desertrat07

Silver Supporting Member
I am a big fan of the blues, but know very little about Eric Bibb and Guy Davis. They're coming through my town Friday night on a double bill at a great old theater and I've got a babysitter... but tickets are a little pricey. Should I go?

Lotus

I just got Bibb's album Booker's Guitar and it's already one of my favourite (acoustic) blues albums. It's mostly him and his guitar. He has a great voice, and I like his playing too (mostly rhythm).

If I were you, I'd definitely go!

bluesjunior

I saw Eric here in the UK a few years and he was just great. A terrific player with a voice like warm chocolate. If you like good music served with taste you really ought to go.

Last edited:

desertrat07

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks Lotus and bluesjunior! Of course, that's what I wanted to hear. It's not often the wife and I get out to see music anymore with a 5-year-old at home.

Cheers,
Adam

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
Never seen him live but they play Eric Bibb on the blues channel on Music Choice a lot. I enjoy him and would go see him. I really like the title song from Booker's Guitar.

tweedster

Silver Supporting Member
Saw Eric Bibb open for Mayall & Robben Ford. He stole the show. Made me think about traveling light (acoustic). Bought a parlor guitar because of the gig.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom