Eric Johnson RW

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by JRDill, Dec 22, 2009.

1. JRDill

JRDill Member

Anyone have one? Pictures? I have decided that in January I will be purchasing an Eric Johnson strat. I love the color options on the new rosewood models, so I was curious of how the compare to the maple necks? I've had the pleasure of playing a couple of the maple neck models, but no one in this area has the rosewood! Any info/reviews?

2. LocustXReign

LocustXReign Member

I played one when they first hit the market. It looked really cool, sounded really cool, felt, rather awkward. The string spacing was weird, and the neck was a little wide for me.

Just my take on it. FWIW the maple one I played fit like a glove.

3. robertkoa

robertkoa Member

I'm curious as well- a really cool guitar and very resonant when I played the Maple ,but I was hoping that a Rosewood would come out as I don't like the feel of a lacquered fingerboard and I hated that the frets are shaved down on the Maple necks-they USED to be medium jumbos.

So when I heard about the Rosewood I was disappointed that it's got binding 'cuz I feel it takes away from the "classic" Strat vibe but not that big of a deal. Then the PRICE -yikes. Then I haven't read any ( except1) reviews of the Rosewood and seems like very few have bought them.

The fingerboard seemed wider? And did the frets seem unshaved-more like a true med. jumbo?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009