• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Eric Johnson Stratocaster....Should I Get?

floydfanatic

I walked into my local music shop the other day and one of the employees told to me check out a used Eric Johnson Black strat in mint condition. I played it, and I realized that all this hype was real. Plays, feels, and sounds like a vintage strat, or a CS. They have it selling for 1300 Canadian and I think that thats a steal considering the Canadian dollar is so low... I highly doubt another one will come in, and I think new they sell for 2100-2200? I know on TGP/Ebay they come around a fair bit, but rarely ship internationally. Give me your opinion of the situation and the EJ Strat in general.

itgoesto11uc

I had one and bought a second one. Needless to say, I really like them. There was a used one for sale here for $1050 recently.

TheMiz

I walked into my local music shop the other day and one of the employees told to me check out a used Eric Johnson Black strat in mint condition. I played it, and I realized that all this hype was real. Plays, feels, and sounds like a vintage strat, or a CS. They have it selling for 1300 Canadian and I think that thats a steal considering the Canadian dollar is so low... I highly doubt another one will come in, and I think new they sell for 2100-2200? I know on TGP/Ebay they come around a fair bit, but rarely ship internationally. Give me your opinion of the situation and the EJ Strat in general.

Dollar for dollar that is the best Fender Strat made.
I posted one on Friday and sold it yesterday .

phil esposito

Silver Supporting Member
DO IT...

I took the plunge a few months ago and have been very pleased. I can't seem to get it out of my hands! I don't think I could name 4 Eric Johnson songs but I know the guy is a tone freak so I suspected anything he puts his name on is going to be quality. I was right.

Let us know how it turns out!

PS. How's winter in Sask this year? It won't seem to end in PEI.

VoodooBlues

I've had a Sunburst one since they first came out in 2005. Still plays great and sounds amazing. The single coils hum a bit but oh well.

Bajan

Gold Supporting Member
Oh yes. I love mine more than any other electric guitar I have ever owned. Amazingly great Strat. The perfect blend of vintage styled Strat with a few modern tweaks. Worst case scenario, you still have a great Strat, and let's face it, that's not so bad.

Shane

Thwap

Platinum Supporting Member
They're nice, I've had two, but got rid of them.

If you've played it and like it, get it.

joesnewmatch

Music Is My Soul Food
Silver Supporting Member
Best Strat I've ever owned. Even better with a 6100 re-fret. Just about perfect for , me. Covers classic rock, alternative, country, just about everything but speed metal. Incredibly articulate clean, dirty, or raw.

RJM/rydog2223

Ah yeah! Great guitars that just feel "right". I bought one on a whim when the price was right and haven't put her down since. The EJ has gotten more play time then my CS strats. I think you will really dig it.:)

TheMiz

What was the reason you sold it?
Had surgery on my left hand in Nov.
Ordered 3 EJ and a Les Paul R8 in Dec while my hand was still in a cast, the cast has since came off but they surgery didn't goes as well as the doctors said it would, so I can't play too long nothing over 30 minutes without pain so I have too many guitars and since they were all mint I began selling off my guitars.