Ernie Ball VP JR problem?!?!?

d-b

My volume pedal suddenly had a snap crackle and pop just before the wide open position. Now it wont get wide open unless I pull up on the heel. Anyone ever work on these?

I also notice a nice brightness return when I took it off the board. What is a good replacement without the tone suck? I will really miss the tuner out option!

thanks in advance for any info!

hey, i get the same problem with the crackle just as it goes 100% volume. I have no idea how to fix it or what the problem is, and i posted a thread on this last week with no response. i really want to know how to fix this.

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
I have heard that you have to open it up and tighten something up. I don't have one though so I don't know what it is. Just something I have read here and there.

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
the pot probably needs to be cleaned or replaced. as for the loss of brightness, put it after a pedal that has a buffer and you won't have that problem.

kludge

The droid you're looking for
Gold Supporting Member
also...which of my pedals have a buffer (see below).
None of them, really... but with that many pedals, you should darn well use a buffer! I ALWAYS use one... cleans up everything downstream.

d-b

do you mean a buffer pedal or any other effect with a buffer? I am still so very confused about buffers!?!?!?!?!?

Trending Topics