Ernie ball VP JR with 500k replacement pot?

flopman

So the pot in my VP JR (25k) is shot. I've tried cleaning and canned air. Contact cleaner works for about a day. The scratchiness is getting worse, and I'm looking to get the pot replaced. Now, on Amazon there's a few reviews saying that the $18 replacement part (which should be more like $1) has been DOA in too many cases. So rather than look into a part that may not work and will most likely fail again very soon, I was trying to look up substitutes. As it turns out, I can't find too many with the 25k or with the JR. I did stumble about the Tommy Bradshaw Dunlop replacement, which sounds great, but its rated closer to 500k. Have any of you done something similar to what I'm considering or will it even work? Ernie Ball has a passive 500k pedal, but its the larger size (JRs are only sold 25k or 250k)... wondering why this is, if anybody knows as well. Google hasn't helped too much.

Also worth noting that my VP is modded with a T1M buffer, so it is technically active. I'm sure this changes things in my situation.

1radicalron

It wont be easy to change that pot.
I would suggest looking on Ebay, EB Volume pedals are abundant, and there is not a huge demand ;)

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
Also worth noting that my VP is modded with a T1M buffer, so it is technically active.
then it needs to be 25k! a 250k pot after a buffer will have a lousy sweep, acting like an on-off switch.

time to bite the bullet and get the right part for it.

Trending Topics