Ernie Ball VP Problems

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sproul09, Apr 5, 2008.

1. sproul09

sproul09 Member

I have the 500k stereo volume pedal and when it is in mid-sweep it always hums. It goes away if I turn on a pedal, but its still annoying. Anyone know why it does this and how I can fix it?

2. Guitarplayerdan

Guitarplayerdan Member

GET RID OF THE EB. It probally sucks the most tone more than any other pedal Ive owned. They are also know for breaking. I feel bad cause I can't answer your questions but... that suck... literally.

3. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

try using a buffered pedal before and after the volume pedal, it works wonders to the tone and the taper of the pot

4. Tbone135

Tbone135 Member

Yep, that silly industry standard Ernie Ball volume pedal that is on thousands of stages all over the world isn't worth having at all.

5. bluesrules

bluesrules Member

Ernie Ball VP jr sucked the nice sizzling highs out of my Strat tone, no matter what pedals I put before or after it.

6. Guitarplayerdan

Guitarplayerdan Member

Sarcasm... Im just saying. I promise you will like your tone better without. Someone told me that and I still bought it and... what do you know, the thing stinks.

7. andreas85dk

andreas85dk Member

Any good volume pedals you guys recommend? I saw a Hilton at godlyd.com but that's a bit too expensive. How about the Goodrich?

8. Axekisser

Axekisser Member

I have plenty of sparkle with my EB Jr. It has buffered pedals around it though. I don't know why people have problems with them they are on alot of pro and semi-pro boards!

9. Steven

Steven Member

The EB is a passive volume pedal and all passive pedals vill have some impact on your sound. You are litteraly putting a 250Kohm (or some other value) pot in line and a passive pot will change your sound. You will probably notice a (very slight?) decrease of heights. If it bothers you then turn up the treble one notch. I use a EB volume pedal and I think its very good.