• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

ES-335 style guitars....

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
Cherry red is an easy slam dunk for a 335,If you don't go red, black can be a winner but it needs a bit of patina and some colour in the binding, so I'm going to ask @Jahn to get himself over here and post his amazing black 335 to demonstrate (or alternatively Keith Richards could pop in with his black 355. You out there Keef? No? Ok, back to Jahn...
Ask and ye shall receive! 1984 Gibson ES-335 Dot RI. Yep it’s got that patina and amber look to the places that used to be white, like binding and Inlays.
1601929277998.jpeg

HolyGuacamole

Just pick a tone color that sounds good to your eyes.

I do like walnut, seafoam green, daphne blue (and other pastels) and lots of other colors (except green).

I have an Ibanez AS93 w/ Blue burst flame top. It's a pretty color and I don't always like blue bursts.

Last edited:

Coopster

In all honesty, red is my overall favorite. I think it's just so iconic. But there was a light burst out a couple of years ago that I drooled over, won't lie. It made me question my red leanings... Mostly this was just an excuse to see awesome guitars.

Kurt L

Lots of finishes look great... but red is the classic look, followed closely by natural, with black in third place.

Average Joe

Seethrough brown wouldn't work on a lot of guitars, but imho it's one of THE classic colours for a semi, especially the versions with trapeze bridges like this. Could be my longtime BB King and Drew Zingg fandom making me biased :D

Dont have a picture of my own semi right now, but it's regular cherry read.

Last edited:

Trending Topics