• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

ES-335 style guitars....

Yamaha 350

Seethrough brown wouldn't work on a lot of guitars, but imho it's one of THE classic colours for a semi, especially the versions with trapeze bridges like this. Could be my longtime BB King and Drew Zingg fandom making me biased :D

Dont have a picture of my own semi right now, but it's regular cherry read.
My Highland. Web site still up. Master volume and Bigsby standard on all guitars not shown anywhere on the site. Mater volume on the bottom left side of the guitar near the neck near the pickguard. They are not made anymore. Alnico 5 pickups.

1601981473429.png

1601980825692.png

1601980842010.png

1601981162786.png

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
Seethrough brown wouldn't work on a lot of guitars, but imho it's one of THE classic colours for a semi, especially the versions with trapeze bridges like this. Could be my longtime BB King and Drew Zingg fandom making me biased :D

Dont have a picture of my own semi right now, but it's regular cherry read.
When I bought this guitar in 1995, everyone who knew about guitars told me I'd made a stupid mistake buying a 70s one to begin with and compounded it no end by buying a brown one - I'd basically landed myself with the most unsellable Gibson ever. I didn't care, I just desperately wanted a 355 like Bernard Butler and Johnny Marr played, and a brown 70s one was the only way it was going to happen. Forward-wind 25 years and it turns out I didn't do so badly on it, and it's still one of my most played guitars.

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
Oh I found that pic of Keef with his ES-355. I have to say mine has more amber!

View attachment 290420
Although Keef having skin the colour and texture of 1000 year old papyrus means there's plenty enough patina in that photo...

Every time I see that photo I want to know what's going on with the electrical tape over the neck pickup pieces?

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
Although Keef having skin the colour and texture of 1000 year old papyrus means there's plenty enough patina in that photo...

Every time I see that photo I want to know what's going on with the electrical tape over the neck pickup pieces?
hmm maybe the threaded pole pieces are stripped and wiggle their way out?

JZG

Silver Supporting Member
I've always felt that cherry red is THE color for the 335.

Trending Topics