ESP 256P

JDaniels

I used to have a MIK Epiphone 56 LP and the only thing I didn't like about it was the thin neck profile so I sold it to fund an amp purchase. I found out last year that the new Epi Pro series 56 has the fat 50's neck on it so I've been waiting for one to come up used but have only seen one in the past year and it was blue which I really didn't care for.

The other day an ESP LTD 256P goldtop came up for sale and was just wondering how they compared with the Epi 56 pro as far as build quality? What is the neck profile like? I know they have stacked P90s but I'd swap those out for some nice real P90s.

Also, what's it worth? The guy didn't specify a price but said to make an offer or trade something. Thanks for your insight guys.

JDaniels

Just did a little more research and the neck profile on the ESP is a thin U. Not sure what to compare that to, but if it's thin that might be a deal breaker.

Anyone else, have any thoughts on the guitar in general?

tkachuk07

Thinner neck.. About the thickness of a modern C Fender. The body is also thinner than a Les Paul.

Nice guitar, but not a Les Paul with a fat neck.

JGD5150

Silver Supporting Member
The LTDs have their own thing going on. Thinner necks, pickups generally voiced for rock and metal. Usually very well built for the price.

Beto

Silver Supporting Member
If the usual thin body is an issue, search for an used made in Korea EC-401VF. Full thickness body. Still a thin neck though.

Trending Topics