ESP Standard Series- Any Love for them here?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Church2224, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Church2224

Church2224 Member

I just got my first ESP, and M-II NTB in Woodland Camo and I absolutely love it. I will definitely be getting more in the future.

All of the Japanese ESPs I have played have been phenomenal. I friend of mine has owned 15 or so and he says all of his have been stellar.

Does any one have and love for ESP?

2. TattooedCarrot

TattooedCarrot Supporting Member

Have owned a bunch in the past, great guitars. I just wish they made them in the correct Gibson shapes again, although I wouldn't mind a flat black Viper, with the flag inlays, I actually like them.

Here's the last one I had.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Dumo

Dumo Supporting Member

I do. I have a FT Silverburst Eclipse that plays so nice. Doesn't weigh 12 lbs. either. I replaced the pickups for passives though. Very happy with it.

4. dreamspace

dreamspace Member

Owned ESP M-IIs, Horizons, Eclipses. No complaints, they've usually set the benchmark for low-action.

5. B Money

B Money Member

They still do, they just don't sell them in the USA. Europe and Asia get all the really good ESP guitars, check out the Japanese ESP website for lots of cool models you never see here.

6. Church2224

Church2224 Member

Like many of the ones here

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/oversea/index_gt.html

While we do get a lot of awesome guitars from ESP in the USA, especially since they added many more to our market in recent years, I would love to see more of these hit our shores.

7. nl128

nl128 Silver Supporting Member

I played one for a night, it was a lone from another player. I really liked it it feel of it. Played amazing, The thickness of the body and the neck were a great surprise plus how fast it felt. very cool allot of fun

8. Pushead

Pushead Member

I have a bunch of them. I think ESP makes fantastic guitars.

9. blaster

blaster Member

I have a ESP Eclipse II and I love it. Recently, I thought about selling it but changed my mind because it is a fanastic playing and sounding guitar.

[​IMG]

10. FractalGarden

FractalGarden Member

I've owned several, and still have a Horizon NT-II. Workmanship is top notch, as are the components. I really like the older 80's and 90's ESP superstrats. While there are exceptions to everything, of course, ESP is a brand that I'd buy without laying hands on it first.

11. smallbutmighty

smallbutmighty Supporting Member

Me too. My main gigging axe is an older ESP Eclipse II. They only sold the version I have in the U.S. for a couple years. It has the four knob Gibson controls and a longer horn.

[​IMG]

12. TimSt.L

TimSt.L Member

I started a thread a few weeks ago about some issues I've had with my ESP eclipse 2. I always set up my own guitars and never had issues in doing so. This one gave me hell though. I couldn't get the truss rod set right, the action was screwed and had bad fret buzz in a few different spots. I finally gave in and had it set up by a pro in a well respected shop here. I was in Puerto Rico for a week and couldn't wait to get back to see if the guy did it justice. It now plays and sounds as amazing as I thought it could.
    Maybe the guy who had it before me just messed with it too much. Either way, it completely restored my faith in the ESP standard series guitars.

13. blaster

blaster Member

At first I would have never owned an ESP since I had Fenders, Gibsons, and PRS, but I got a good price on my Eclipse and its come to be one of my favorite playing guitars. The workmanship on the Standard series is top notch.

14. Church2224

Church2224 Member

Wow a lot more fans here than I thought :rotflmao

I have played my share of high end guitars, even some of the boutique luthiers, PRS, Suhr, Carvin, Melancon, Gadow, Roscoe, ect and nothing has connected with me as much as ESP Standard Series have.
    Their fret work blows me away and the fit and finish is top notch. I am also a fan of other companies but that is another topic...

Only other companies I have interest in trying is Vigier. I never had a chance to try one of those.

:agree Those are probably my favorite models they make.

Which ones do you have? Just curious...

I have to agree with this. From what most people tell me is that they are one of the most consistent companies out there.

I feel this is the case with most guitars. I always make sure mine are set up by a tech. That seems to be what a lot of guitars need to play just right, Glad that is all yours needed.

15. Pushead

Pushead Member

I actually have a few that I (or a previous owner) had imported from overseas because they weren't available in the USA.

Among these are a Horizon NT-II in the Black Aqua finish (before they introduced it here in the states), and Eclipse I CTM in Deep Purple, and another Eclipse I CTM which is full Gibson thickness in gloss black.

Another one is a Mirage Deluxe from the early 90s that I had refinished.

I also have a few Metallica sig guitars.

16. Church2224

Church2224 Member

Nice!

I wish they would bring some of those models to the USA, they have some really impressive guitars that look great but we never get to see.