ESPN Website Changes--Part II

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by bluwoodsman, Apr 4, 2015.

1. bluwoodsman

bluwoodsman Member

New discovery--it's browser related!

Noticed the new website looked much better on a different computer. Sports listed across the top banner again. Schedules, standings, rankings, blogs etc. all there again (albeit in a bit different format). So I looked it up on the home machine to see if they had changed things--nope, still the same old totally deficient of past functonality site on the home machine.

So now I am wondering how long it had been since I updated firefox--my browser of choice on the home machine. A while it appears, so I grab the latest version and go back to ESPN. Nope, still devoid of reason given all they used to offer.

So then I try IE explorer on that same machine--and it's dramatically different. Much better. Still a pain for those of us used to the old site, but we can learn to adapt at least--most of the past functions and info appear to be there.

Why would such a major site not bother to design their site to work with such a major browser? I still won't use it at home much as everything I do is on firefox, I avoid IE explorer and refuse to use Chrome.