• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Esquire Parts-caster

ManliusGuitar

I just got done putting this together and I promised pics to a fellow in another thread, but can't find that thread! I love Esquires because they offer a ridiculously diverse tonal palette!

Allparts double bound body
Mighty Mite neck with satin Poly finish (real nice neck, I was suprised!)
Joe barden bridge / saddles
Schaller locking tuners with graduated height to forgo the string tree

The pickup was supposed to be a prototype based off a buddy's 64(?) Esquire, but then I did a stagger to the D and G magnets, then did A2 for the B and high E strings. Then wound it up a bit higher in output, so not really like a vintage pickup at all, but really screams without losing that Esquire/Tele vibe. I am pleased.

I wired the switch backwards, with the "cocked wah" sound in position 3 compared to position 1, just because on my previous Esquires I noticed sometimes when furiously wailing away (or making alot of noise) I would inadvertantly hit the switch and move it to the full-open bridge position, which gave some people quite the jolt! I als0 modded the cap setup, an Idea I stole from TDPRI, in which I use a lower cap size (.0033) and forgo the 3.3k resistor altogether. This gives less of a "wet-blanket" tone to the "wah" position, and makes it a little more balanced and useful for me while retaining the Esquire vibe. I also used a lower tone cap (.01) for position 2 to get me a little more response when you turn down the tone for more of a rhythmn tone. Doesn't drop right off.

And I didn't even ding or scratch the body when i was putting it together!:rotflmao

Her brother is also here, my P90 pickup Broadcaster, which is equally ridiculous in its tonal options!

CitizenCain

Damn, that looks gorgeous! I love double-bound Teles and that one is droolworthy!

Are you planning on making that pickup available? It sounds interesting.

Polynitro

Awesome! I wired mine similar with the back position straight-to-jack and the middle vol and forward vol/tone, it just makes more sense to me that way...Also slight raised D and G Fralin pickup...That p90 Broadcaster looks cool too.

ManliusGuitar

Thanks for the compliments guys! For some reason I had the idea of the sunburst with the black guard reminding me of Texas - and I like Texas! Kinda gives me that image in my mind, for whatever reason. The Allparts body is great, and the biggest suprise for me was the Mighty Mite neck -crazy good feel (I love satin necks) and the price was great - not to mention the fretwork was great and I only had to lower one fret. I think the neck set me back $89.50 - not bad. Plus the neck has a neat area of birdseye b/w the 3rd and 9th fret, which looks cool.

Are you planning on making that pickup available? It sounds interesting.
I think I will when I put my new and improved fancy site up at the end of this month, but I have to give it the run down playing out next week to make sure everything is good to go.

Trending Topics