Esquire Parts-caster

ManliusGuitar

I just got done putting this together and I promised pics to a fellow in another thread, but can't find that thread! I love Esquires because they offer a ridiculously diverse tonal palette!

Allparts double bound body
Mighty Mite neck with satin Poly finish (real nice neck, I was suprised!)
Joe barden bridge / saddles
Schaller locking tuners with graduated height to forgo the string tree

The pickup was supposed to be a prototype based off a buddy's 64(?) Esquire, but then I did a stagger to the D and G magnets, then did A2 for the B and high E strings. Then wound it up a bit higher in output, so not really like a vintage pickup at all, but really screams without losing that Esquire/Tele vibe. I am pleased.

I wired the switch backwards, with the "cocked wah" sound in position 3 compared to position 1, just because on my previous Esquires I noticed sometimes when furiously wailing away (or making alot of noise) I would inadvertantly hit the switch and move it to the full-open bridge position, which gave some people quite the jolt! I als0 modded the cap setup, an Idea I stole from TDPRI, in which I use a lower cap size (.0033) and forgo the 3.3k resistor altogether. This gives less of a "wet-blanket" tone to the "wah" position, and makes it a little more balanced and useful for me while retaining the Esquire vibe. I also used a lower tone cap (.01) for position 2 to get me a little more response when you turn down the tone for more of a rhythmn tone. Doesn't drop right off.

And I didn't even ding or scratch the body when i was putting it together!:rotflmao

Her brother is also here, my P90 pickup Broadcaster, which is equally ridiculous in its tonal options!

sgtele_017-600x444.jpg

sgtele_013-600x415.jpg

sgtele_021-600x595.jpg

CitizenCain

Damn, that looks gorgeous! I love double-bound Teles and that one is droolworthy!

Are you planning on making that pickup available? It sounds interesting.

Polynitro

Awesome! I wired mine similar with the back position straight-to-jack and the middle vol and forward vol/tone, it just makes more sense to me that way...Also slight raised D and G Fralin pickup...That p90 Broadcaster looks cool too.

ManliusGuitar

Thanks for the compliments guys! For some reason I had the idea of the sunburst with the black guard reminding me of Texas - and I like Texas! Kinda gives me that image in my mind, for whatever reason. The Allparts body is great, and the biggest suprise for me was the Mighty Mite neck -crazy good feel (I love satin necks) and the price was great - not to mention the fretwork was great and I only had to lower one fret. I think the neck set me back $89.50 - not bad. Plus the neck has a neat area of birdseye b/w the 3rd and 9th fret, which looks cool.

Are you planning on making that pickup available? It sounds interesting.

I think I will when I put my new and improved fancy site up at the end of this month, but I have to give it the run down playing out next week to make sure everything is good to go.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom