Sold Esquire partscaster - Blondie!

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by BarryJ, Jun 25, 2019.

1. BarryJ

BarryJ Supporting Member

I'm awash in Telecasters right now! Tough choice on what to cull, because they're all great - but finally decided to let this one go.

Great playing and sounding guitar - this is an Esquire built with a USA Highway one body in transparent blond, with a medium chunky Allparts neck (measures .880 1st/.970 12th fret). Fender Pat Pend vintage bridge equipped with Gotoh In-Tune brass saddles, Kluson vintage tuners on he neck. Beautiful rosewood board with meduim (taller than vintage) frets showing almost zero wear.

The pickup is a tapped Keeso "J&H" tele pickup - not sure if he's still winding, but he was well regarded for his Esquire winds over at TDPRI. Marked 7.73/6.95K tapped - wired to a 3-way switch with the extra tone cap wired to the neck position (for that 'faux neck pickup' tone - tapped output in the middle position, full output in the bridge setting)

Very, very clean condition - you'll have to relic it yourself (haha), as this one looks pretty much factory fresh. Comes with a sturdy SKB molded hardshell case. Also - this one is routed for a neck single coil (see gallery), so I'll also throw in a couple of extra pickguards if you decide to go that route (not sure you'd really want to, though)

Putting it out there at $695 to your door. Trade chances are pretty slim (I have a metric ton of gear), but you could surprise me.

Big gallery here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/9qvzVR8M72X5jXWF8

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  2. shallbe

shallbe Deputy Plankspanker Gold Supporting Member

What is the radius on the fretboard? Thanks.

3. BarryJ

BarryJ Supporting Member

10-12" as far as I can tell

Also, forgot to mention the weight - 7 lbs. 6 oz.

4. Jett

Jett Supporting Member

Surprised this has not sold, if I was not so tele heavy I would have snatched it up when it was first posted. Nice esquire.

shallbe likes this.
  5. Beng2040

Beng2040 Supporting Member

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm 3 teles deep at the moment. An Esquire would be a welcome addition though...hmm.

6. specialidiot

specialidiot most likely to seceede Supporting Member

I only have 2, so......

7. Furious George

Furious George Supporting Member

I had a Nocaster with a Keeso pickup. Regretted selling her. This is so tempting, but currently selling gear. GLWS