Eternity Bass response

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by centsmin, May 21, 2008.

1. centsmin

centsmin Member

Do all E's cut bass? Some versions more than others?

2. imguitardan

imguitardan Member

Mine (white '06 model) really boosts the mids which gives it a nice thick focused tone. It's my absolute favorite pedal. I guess that since it seems to boost mids, it may seem to cut the bass. I don't have any problems loosing bass with mine, but maybe I'm not paying attention to that.

3. cber1517

cber1517 Member

I have the Silver version (not handwired.) I agree that the mids are defintely boosted but I don't the bass is cut but more subdued under the mids. I run my Eternity with very low gain and a high level as a dirty boost more than a high gainer and really love it for this purpose.

:BEER

4. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

lows are cut, but less than a TS.

5. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

Bass? What bass?
    :eek:

*read with sarcasm.

6. Andre357

Andre357 Member

less than a FDII or Tube screamer......

It's a great pedal....

7. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

:agree

Do you want to add a lot of bass? Some pedals cut bass because like the E they boost the mids and that can come across as muddy if it doesn't.

8. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

I understand... get a mad proffesor little green wonder. You might chase your tail with the whole bass-not-there-eq-thing. lgw is a good compromise and awesome pedal. I have a pedalworx texas two step that is a bit more mid humpish that my work great for you that has that "missing' low end. PM me..

9. mrodrigues

mrodrigues Member

I use it in conjunction with Tim.

Tim has a GREAT EQ section (actually, it's the only reason I'm keeping the pedal!) to refine the sound I want.

Does lose a little low end.

10. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

+1 I had a handwired 2005 burst E on my board for two years and really did like the pedal. I did start noticing a nominal amount of bass cut or maybe it was just more of a harder rock-ish sizzle which with our band playing Americana type music was not the best fit. I sold it and bought a MP LGW which to these old tired ears seems to have a fuller more even
    tone and have been happily using that pedal for the past three months or so. Both the E and LGW are excellent pedals and it depends alot on what type music and what type tones you are going for.

11. TheGigPig

TheGigPig Member

I've just been playing with mine after not having it on my board for a little while. Any other E users want to try this and see what they think.
    Turn the clean volume all the way up, turn the overdrive off, then just notch the drive so it's just on, then treble to suit.
    Seems to leave a tad more bass in, but I've only got my AC10 set up so couldn't say exactly how much bass it left in there but it did seem a bit better. Sounded killer.

12. waveman

waveman Member

Disagree with the FD2... think the E cuts more. I had a Roadhouse HW, though it was a great pedal, it cut the bass more so for me.

13. cber1517

cber1517 Member

This is exactly what I do and I love it! I crank the level and have the gain at about 8:00 and the glass at about 2:00. Sounds killer with single coils or humbuckers in my Blues Jr.

:JAM

14. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

The burst had this great compressed woody tone... I miss it, but the lgw sits a bit better for me for now.

The ulbrick axe and landy ldo are supposed to be killer ts-9 type pedals that I am really wanting to compare to the lgw.

15. TheGigPig

TheGigPig Member

I'm going to try this at the gig tonight and check out the bass response. Sounds great in the studio but the acid test is tonight with everything on 11

16. pbone

pbone Member

How well does the E function in front of a breaking up amp?

17. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

The E is a gold standard to be sure. Probably the E, Timmy, and klon are THE standards.. at least around tgp. You cant go wrong with any of the "3".

18. pbone

pbone Member

Awesome! I've been looking for an excuse not to get a klon. I just bought one of the burst E's yesterday. Looking forward to it!!! Even though I play with a DRRI right now, I'm moving up to a Mesa Lonestar when I move to SF on the 8th.