Eternity Flood

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by amphead777, Mar 27, 2008.

1. amphead777

amphead777 Member

Is the TGP community flooded with Eternity's ? The used market has dried up, and prices are under $200 for a burst!

2. bluntage

bluntage Member

Strange, eh?! I noticed the same... must be the "tax season blues".

3. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

The price drop actually happened right after Sean changed the build style. Prices dropped universally regardless of model or age. People just lost faith in that particular pedal I guess. It likely sounds the same but people dont want to buy them for $300 any more if they think the new construction style is a rip-off.

4. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

I'm trying to pick up a burst but I don't want one of the new build ones, they might be great but I had an old one before and I know they are so that's what I want. I don't feel like it's flooded with old E's at all, just new ones.

5. whoismarykelly

Yeah its not that there is a ton of them, its that they ALL lost 30% of their value over about a month.

6. amphead777

amphead777 Member

Have the hand wired Eternity's gone up in price ? If yes, it's still under $300. You would think they would go for premium prices,since they aren't hand made anymore.

7. whoismarykelly

You would think but that doesn't seem to be the case. Roadhouse eternities used to sell for $300-$325 and now theyre well under $240.

8. amphead777

amphead777 Member

You can tell the new ones by the chicken head knobs, I believe.

9. JMarck

JMarck Member

They might go up in value when there is hardly any of the handwired ones to be found

10. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

Maybe its not that people have lost their faith in the pedal. Maybe its because people are seeing that its silly to pay a huge price for a handmade one when the new ones are cheaper and just as well made.

11. amphead777

amphead777 Member

Possible, plus dealers have them now. Plus wait times are much shorter.

12. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

+1 on this - The silent relay switching system in the new pedals is great, they all have 9V taps and LED's (the lack of which used to be a complaint from some about the older Lovepedals). The build quality of the new Lovepedals is stellar - Sean has listened to his customers and tried to deliver what they want - and the price has dropped! What could be better?...

13. auratnik

auratnik Supporting Member

Maybe it's just not so "good" pedal after all.

14. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

No, it's a great pedal. You see a lot of them for sale because a lot have been sold and everyone wants to keep trying out other stuff or it isn't a good fit with their rig. I don't want to turn this into another "E vs TS" thread but if you put up any pedal that is supposed to sound similar to an E the E wins, at least with every "similar" pedal I've thrown up against it.

15. rewog

rewog Member

I think it might be a consequence of the schematic having being "out there" for a while.
    People know what the Eternity is now - there's a lot of options in that field, and there's several copies that have come onto the market as well.
    (BTW - I'm not trying to knock the Eternity - it's a great pedal).

I do think the handwired ones will eventually go back up as they get harder to find.
    There may be no difference, but I have noticed a lot of comments about the smd ones sounding "thin".
    Perceived or not, some people are going to want the original I'm sure.

16. teleus52

teleus52 Member

My Lovepedal Burst Eternity and Church of Tone (COT50) were the best buy ever! They are fabulous tone pedals.:AOK

17. Wesman61

Wesman61 Supporting Member

I think there's a lot of factors. Firstly there seems to be a lot of pedals that are selling cheap on the used market. It seems like the only pedals that are at least retaining their value are the ones with a several months wait (Zendrive, Bob Burt, BJF, Landgraff). Also there's a lot of new ODs on the market and the new prices are a lot cheaper than The E. The competition is getting fierce. Plus the wait for Lovepedals has gotten shorter because of changes Sean has made in His building process. Back when The OCD first came out I couldn't sell a Baby Blue OD for $150.00.

I say just buy up the handwired ones and sit on 'em till things come around. Look at the OCD v.1. Going for nearly $200.00 on ebay.

18. SunnyRollins

SunnyRollins Member

+1

:munch

19. jb1911

jb1911 Member

I check ebay for certain pedals that I'd like to try and when I see a bargain BIN price, I buy to check out. Most of the time I'll resell it because I don't like it or it doesn't fit in with my rig. I quit looking at most Lovepedals because of the crazy pricing. Is this pedal selling for $129 or $199 or $259 or what? I cant keep track of it, so I don't try.

Having said that, the Eternity, BBB07 and 200lbs are 3 of my favorite pedals of all time. It's not the pedals that I have a problem with, it's the crazy pricing.

20. Soothsayer

Soothsayer (Paul) Supporting Member

+:munchIve gone through 3 of these, every time I see a "Its the greatest thing since sliced bread" post I end up buying one.