Eternity new design or older HW

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by teleblaster, Jan 5, 2008.

1. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

How's the new one compared to the hand wired version

2. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

Oh god, not again!

Fair question, but there's a MANY MANY MANY page thread about this somewhere on TGP from last month. What a sh--storm it was too!

:munch:munch:munch:Devil:Devil:Devil:munch:munch

:horse

Mods: as an act of mercey, please euthanize this thread!!!:roll

BTW, the maker says the new E is the same but better in a different but not at all different way. I had an old one; I'll order a new one.

3. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

Well whos got both? lets have it.I think its a straight up question.

4. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

Why do you even answer to the question when you have not had both eternitys to compare.:BITCHThanks alot BRO!

5. Stressfest

Stressfest Supporting Member

I've not owned both but a general observation...there's a lot of the new ones hitting the emporium lately.

6. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

7. jb1911

jb1911 Member

There's more than a few on ebay, too.

8. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

all i know is a i have an older RHE from the first run of RH's, and a burst from 05 and they both KILL. the burst is warmer and woodier, and the RH is little brighter and clearer.

sorry, i havent tried the "new" tour-pro build or whatever its called this week.....so i guess my post was useless....

=)

9. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

Iam just interested in the tour pro build strickly compared to all of the other handwired E's

10. jimfog

jimfog Senior Member

Ok.....

I just got the latest Burst............

This is my 4th E, after I mistakenly sold my first.....a KILLER Roadhouse from a couple years back. I bought three others trying to get it sound as good......thick, warm and chewy.....not too bright and thin.

This one NAILS it.........plenty of cut, but no thinness. Fat, but not dull.

I was dubious of the "tour pro" build method, but I think Sean might be on to something with the consistency factor.

- Jim

PS...even with that, I had it up for sale briefly, until I came to my senses. For many of us, $200 + for ANY OD box is hard to justify, and buyer's remorse can creep in. Plus, I'm sure a lot of people are willing to try it at the lower price, but didn't really have an idea of what they were buying, just that it was popular.............hence the sales.

11. trucks

trucks Member

I've had both. I consider the new E just as good as my old "white" E in terms of tone; moreover, the new one is quieter.