Eternity or BJF Emerald Green?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by echo unit, Jul 6, 2006.

Which one would you choose in front of a Vox AC15cc?

1. Lovepedal Eternity overdrive

2. BJF Emerald Green overdrive

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. echo unit

echo unit Member

I am looking for one and only one overdrive to go in front of my VOX AC15cc

I keep hearing amazing things about the Lovepedal Eternity overdirve. I hear it's versatile?

I'm not a blues guitarist. I play a more ambient moody texture like Bill Frisell. Sometimes i play rootsy kind of stuff and sometimes more like U2/Cocteau Twins/Explosions in the Sky type of stuff.

I know that the BJF Emerald Green is amazing too and will give Vox type overdrive, allowing me to run my amp much quieter and get it's overdriven tones wihtout cranking up but do you think the Eternity is a better choice for me if I am only going to have one overdrive pedal?

I am deciding between these two highly recommended pedlas:

Eternity

BJF Emerald Green

Which is better and versatile in front of an AC15cc?

Help a fella out please.

2. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Based on recent emporium activity, I can tell you they will both hold their value well in the used market.

Buy one (or both) and see if you like it. If you don't, sell it here on the emporium or on ebay. Then buy the next one. I did this over the years with about 45 different pedals. I lost very little money on most of them. On a few, I even made a slight profit which went back into the boutique pedal market.

The only real way to know is to try them. Only you know the tone in your head. Everything else is just opinions, subjectivity and adjectives.

3. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

I've found the EGDM to be very versatile with My Orange and I use it all the time. That's my vote. I think it's the perfect addition to an EL84 amp. It's very responsive and cleans up well on a volume roll back.

But honestly I don't think you will be unhappy with either.

THey are both very very good sounding pedals.

4. fenderbender4

fenderbender4 Gold Supporting Member

The EGDM won't give you the treble boost, but if I had to choose one for a OD sound, I would choose the EGDM. Although, as soon as I had the cash I'd buy the Eternity next.

5. Teahead

Teahead Member

Check out these clips from custom-sounds, where the EGDM is played into a Vox AC15. These are a great representation of what this pedal will bring to your set up. Essentially, more of the same sound, at unity or louder and reinforced with more gain and a tighter low end... http://www.custom-sounds.com/epages/customsounds.filereader?44aeb809018b5ede2741d94dcd010658+EN/products/12004

I haven't tried an Eternity and likely never will because the Emerald Green does the business for me. Having had dozens of other drives in front of my AC30, nothing else has delivered like the Emerald Green. There are clips of mine linked in my sig if you'd like to hear it.

As for which may be best for you, I guess it depends whether you wish to augment your AC15's tone, perhaps more dramatically in various ways (Eternity) or simply reinforce it (EGDM) with perhaps more gain and slight EQ shift. Good luck...

Tea.

6. echo unit

echo unit Member

Thanks Teahead!

I have both on order right now. Just have to sit through the long wait. I gues the line for these is quite long at the moment.

I am also going to get a Semaphore Trememlo and a Barber Tone Press unless there is something better?

What pedal board is best for the money that has built in power fof the entire board and for each pedal via 9V plugs?

I was looking at the SKB stuff and the Furman....these any good? Just want the best...ya know....

7. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

TBIAC or the EGDM for sure, Eternity is much BETTER SUITED for some kind of Fender amp and that is about it ....IMO of course

8. DJLantz444

DJLantz444 Senior Member

+1

While, I know it's not the best example of an EL84/EL34 amp, I used it with my Peavey Classic 30 and it wasn't quite what I was looking for. Finally discovered what I was missing when I used it with a Fender type amp!

9. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

where does one order/purchase an Emerald Green?

10. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Try Dean Farley LeoMuser@aol.com

He is the number one BJF Dealer in the USA. I've gotten all 5 of my BJFs (and counting) from him. He also is the maker of Snake Oil Strings!

11. Craise

Craise Member

Watch out people! BJFe pedals are a sickness! You might catch the Bjorn flu like I did!
    :dude:dude:dude:dude:dude

[​IMG]

12. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Yeah, I couldn't believe the E was winning the poll at the beginning. I voted EGDM because BJORN made that pedal specifically with a vox in mind (it sounded great through my Carr Rambler as well though. :D)

13. fenderbender4

fenderbender4 Gold Supporting Member

:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool

Kirk your pedal collection is impressive to say the least.