Eternity pedal into d 13

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Shawn Tubbs, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Shawn Tubbs

Shawn Tubbs Member

Hey guys,

Hopefully you can get this to work. I posted a question as to how to get a singing lead tone and a lot of you guys chimed in and I really appreciate it. This is a little trial run I wrote on the fly to try out a box. It's real sloppy. The rhythm/solo guitar is a paul with lollars through a D13 ftr 37 into a royer r 121 and avalon sp737 ran flat. The 1st solo is the paul into a eternity (lovepedal) to a line 6 delay and verb off the cone. The second solo is really just a reminder that I shouldn't play slide ever again. It's done with a guitar that I ran over with my truck and changed the neck on. Schecter Hell cat. Mini hum back position into a klon pedal to line 6 delay. I added some dig verb on that track cuz it sounded like poop. Everything is done completely flat with the mic and pre I mentioned recorded straight to the TV set. Pro tools tdm 5.1 thingy. If it works, thanks for listening and if not let me know and I'll keep trying to figure out how to post MP3s. Oh and the terrible bass playing is yours truly. Wait ... the cab is a D13 open 212 cab. I put the mic in front of the Cele H12 about 7 inches away slightly to the right of the dust cover.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=457035

Thanks Guys

Shawn

2. cocheese

cocheese Supporting Member

If this isn't my favorite clip ever, it's one of my top two or three. Very, Very, Very nice tones and tasty playing. It makes me miss my FTR. You did a fabulous job of capturing the essense of the amp. Some of the clips I've heard don't seem to capture the hige tones that the FTR puts out. The tune is great too; love the changes. I'm going to put this one on my Ipod if you don't mind. Any more where that came from? ;) :D

3. Shawn Tubbs

Shawn Tubbs Member

:D
    Wow!!

Your very kind. There are so many amazing players out there and I'm huge honored that you would say such nice stuff about what you heard. I was just trying to lay out some sorta thing to jamb a solo sound over. The arrangement is kinda funny because I just hit the space bar and went with that first clean pass and then had to chase everything from there. Really love D13 amps. The FTR is certainly a favorite for me. Fred has been a gem!

Anyways thanks again for the encouraging things you said..I'll throw things out there as they come.

Hey!! how'd that icon get up there? Dang it!!

In the meantime get your FTR back!!!

Best

Shawn

4. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

cocheese, do you think a gabriel voxer would be a good addition to my ftr37? It seems like then i'd have all the vox, 18 watt marshall, blackface fender, and tweed tones i could ever need.

and btw, the clips sounds great man

5. cocheese

cocheese Supporting Member

Shawn,

Seriously enjoyed the clip in the most musical way. I can't wait to hear more in the future. I know what you mean about the icons. They have a mind of their own sometimes. I do need another /13. Maybe an RSA23?! I should make that my new year's resolution...own a fine, handwired amp made by Fred.

curehardy,

In a word, yes. I don't want to derail the thread so I'll PM you.

6. grego7

grego7 has left the building Gold Supporting Member

Clips like these remind me that there is so much more to TGP than the Emporium. :)

Beautiful lyrical playing, and the bass playing is awesome as well (not to mention the stellar tones...)

Thanks for posting this (I'm downloading it too if that's cool with you).

Edit: Oh crap! It won't let me download

7. yeast2000

yeast2000 Member

Such an inspiring clip you had there. I clicked the link thinking ok, I'm going to check out the tone and all, but as the song went along, I forgot about that and just enjoyed your music. Great playing, feel and tone. Thanks for posting!

8. Shawn Tubbs

Shawn Tubbs Member

Thanks very much..I haven't really recorded anything of my own in a while and it's a blessing to hear such nice compliments.

Best

Shawn

9. Shawn Tubbs

Shawn Tubbs Member

Thanks man!! Your very kind. I'll check my PM thing if I can figure out how..I'm so green with this stuff. I can't believe that clip even played.

Talk to you soon

Shawn

10. Shawn Tubbs

Shawn Tubbs Member

Thanks so much. I haven't played bass in so long. Felt real strange. I'll try to figure out what I did to make the tune unable to download. I have no idea about this stuff. Thanks again for the kind words.

Shawn

11. Shawn Tubbs

Shawn Tubbs Member

I'm amazed I actually got a song out of that because my intention was just to put something there to blare over. Thanks so much for saying that. Your very kind...

Best

Shawn

12. Shawn Tubbs

Shawn Tubbs Member

Hey Grego7

I think I fixed the file so you can download. Give it a try if you want.

Shawn

13. ChrisP

ChrisP Member

beautiful stuff man, and I mean beautiful! Lovely slide tone and playing. Definetely told a story/painted a picture.

Kudos

14. Normster

Normster Member

Oooo...TASTY!!! I could listen to this all day. In fact I think I will! ;)

15. Marcello

Marcello Member

Great playing, feel, beautiful tones, totally love it !

16. ChazMania

ChazMania Silver Supporting Member

Shawn-

Wow...very moving piece! I agree, one of the more musical clips I have heard on this site. I have not heard anything from your playing in a long time. Saw you play with Crystal a few times in OC and always LOVED your stuff. There was an acoustic tune you did with her, just guitar and vocals that I thought was stellar and I remember trying to cop it, can't recall the name at this moment.
    Also listened to that Bugsy's Buggin clip and I heard your Gypsy Jazz influence that Glenn mentioned in the other thread. Really fun sounding.
    Since Tony P did an instrumental solo disc, me thinks a Tubbs one is due!! :)

Peace-
    Charlie

17. scottl

scottl Member

Awesome Shawn!

Now be honest, have you ever listened to Mood Elevator by Mike Landau and Burning Water? There is a tune on there with very similar changes. You really have that sweet organic feel and phrasing as well.....

I agree with Cocheese on the top clip sentiment!!! Makes my off the cuff backing wanks seem so insignificant!

18. thintele

thintele Member

very tasty stuff, Shawn...and love that tone . I am looking for a new amp and the FTR37 just moved to the top of my list. Any idea what the wait time of one these amps are?

Greg

19. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Great playing on this one..however..your gypsie clip BLEW ME AWAY! TASTE TASTE TASTE!!! WOW!!!! Consider me a huge fan! :AOK

20. slackandsteel

slackandsteel Member