Eternity vs COT Gold 50??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dobro man, Jul 25, 2008.

1. dobro man

dobro man Member

Anyone out there any opinions or experience of both of these.

I've read thet the COT is Plexi like whereas the Eternity is.....

Anyone with any advice????

2. Andre357

Andre357 Member

I own both, cot is plexi marshally like, gritty, and adds harmonic sparkle but remains transparent, cleans up beautifully with the volume knob. You can get that beautiful clean with a hint of hair to full crunch with the cot.

Eternity is like a Tube Screamer type pedal ( IMHO ), but on steroids. More articulate,, smoother, transparent, woody and less bass cut than most TS circuits. Also has a ton of volume on tap and has more sustain even at low drive settings.

They Cot and eternity stack wonderfully together and make a fantastic one two punch by the way....

I own both the cot gold and Regulat Cot 50 by the way. Some disagree but I think they both sound fantastic and very much a like. The Cot Gold is a bit " grainier sounding " but thats a good thing with some guitars. The cot gold sounds better then the standard cot with Tele's for instance to my ears. They go real well together for some reason. I use the cot gold more often then the regular cot because I find that volume knob really comes in handy at a lot of gigs ( and my main guitar is a tele :) ).

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  3. dobro man

dobro man Member

Thank you much.

That really helps a lot. I have an Eternity and like it a lot. Wondered whether getting a COT would be duplication :).

Thanks Again

4. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

Does the E have true bypass? The switch looks a little funny.

5. nnick

nnick Member

Yes it does