Ethereal Greg V. song

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Drifting, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Drifting

Drifting Member

No hyperbole here... Greg is just awesome.

I have to get off my ass and pick up his CD already, his playing even in just his clips was always inspiring and fresh, but this is so restrained and musical. Very cool!

2. joemesser

joemesser Member

Oh yeah man, that's one of my favorites, EVER!!!!!

I listened to that Tailgate Troubadour CD for about 1 year practically nonstop.
    Incredible, beautiful, ferocious, visionary music. Every tune is a gem. The guitar work is SICK.
    Get it now!!!!

3. zzmoore

zzmoore Member

That guy is a great player.....

4. Drifting

Drifting Member

Ordered it through, Amazon, should be coming a little after Xmas! Haven't been excited about buying an album in awhile. Carl Verheyen is another current player who interests me.

5. Rumblefish

Rumblefish Silver Supporting Member

Great composer,arranger,producer,great tones,great licks.He's amazing and a great inspiration to me.Bought Tailgate Troubadour a couple years ago and it's been in the player ever since.

6. Cody McLain

Cody McLain Member

yep.. Greg's playing is captivating for me. Tom Bokovac is another.. they seem to constantly play something musical and interesting with every note.

7. mprvise

mprvise Member

Tailgate Troubadour is always handy around my house. Some of the best recorded guitar tones I can think of. I've been waiting for a second CD since I got the first one a few years ago.

8. Greg V.

Greg V. Member

Hi Folks,

It means a great deal to me that you cats have enjoyed my music. When you pretty much have dedicated your entire life to your art and have the battle scars to prove it, it's wonderful to know that someone cares. Thank you.

Hi Drifting,
    Thanks for enjoying my video-montage with my tune "Autumn Kiss". For that song I used my Fender Bajo-Sexto baritone and Pre-War Rickenbacher backlight lapsteel, the bari is 30" scale so it has a lot of throat to the notes. Hope you enjoy my CD when it arrives. It's not a "Guitars-Gone-Wild" release at all, but more like 12 short "sonic movies" with my instruments as actors having conversations.

Hi Joemesser,
    Awesome, many thanks!!!

Hi Zzmoore,
    Thank you!

Hi Rumblefish,
    I'm grateful you've been diggin' my music, thank you very much!

Hi Cody,
    Thanks!

Hi Mprvise,
    Many, many thanks to you!

9. crifasta

crifasta Gold Supporting Member

I picked up Greg's album from iTunes a couple days ago after checking out his stellar gear vids. I've been listening to it all weekend. Simply superb, rootsy, American guitar tones and playing supporting excellent compositions.

Greg, one thing I really like about your playing is that you play for the song and only show a sampling of your abilities. You resist the urge to show everything you can do in one or two songs. Can't wait to hear more. Bravo

10. bluesbreaker59

bluesbreaker59 Silver Supporting Member

That Tailgate Troubadour cd gets lots of plays at my house, everyone always loves it. I listened to nothing but that cd for a couple weeks after buying it, its an addiction I tell ya. I keep waiting for another disc to come out.

11. Brett Valentine

Brett Valentine Member

Heard his playing in the clips on the Hamer Talladega page.
    Love that CD. Great tone, great playing.

12. Rumblefish

Rumblefish Silver Supporting Member

More! More! More!(feet stomping on the floor of the arena)another album please!:bow

13. Drifting

Drifting Member

Well, I got a surprise christmas gift today, really didn't think it'd make it until afterwards!

Greg, you are awesome, this is simply beautiful music. Awesome playing doesn't hurt either, you use cool phrases I haven't heard before. Most importantly, as others have been saying, it's the songs as a whole that really come through, your playing compliments them.

You should make another album, I really love all of the stuff on this, and I hear alot of ideas in your demos that I didn't hear on TT that definitely sound like they could be parts of songs. I know it's so easy for me to ask this, sitting behind my computer screen, nice and comfy, but I'm just saying I dig your stuff! :aok

14. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

One of my favorites and Tailgate Troubador has been in constant rotation for over a year now. Also a super nice guy with a golden ear.

Happy Holidays Greg!

15. Greg V.

Greg V. Member

Thank you and Happy Holidays to all you cats! Hope you have a great time over the holidays with some good friends and family. Here's to a great New Year in '10 for all of us!

Hi Crifasta,
    Thanks for diggin' my CD! I appreciate it…. You fully understand that my prime focus is to always support the song and try and capture the right sonic atmosphere.
    I'm having fun with the product demos, glad you like then! I will continue to upload new gear YouTube videos on my Channel, be sure to subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/user/GregVmusic

Hi Bluesbreaker59,
    Many thanks for the support! I hope to do another CD, I have plenty of songs but it's really more about not having the time to make it happen.

Hi Brett Valentine,
    Glad you like the Hamer Talladega MP3s, I love my Hamers! Thank you for enjoying my CD.

Hi Rumblefish,
    Thank you for the awesome support, I really do appreciate it.

Hi Drifting,
    Glad the CD arrived so quickly and so glad to hear you've enjoyed my music! I don't live for the guitar solo, as you can tell, I'm just much more interested in telling a story and really don't know how to play any other way. I'm grateful for the support, thank you.

Hi Todd Richman,
    Happy Holidays to you as well and thanks for enjoying my music, right on!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009