1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ethos front panel coat peeling off

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by YJM_Strat, May 18, 2011.

1. YJM_Strat

YJM_Strat Member

Has anyone ever come across this problem? A friend of mine has an Ethos Overdrive. The coat for the front panel is peeling off. What can be done? And if we write to Ethos asking for a new panel, Will it be easy for us to install it by ourselves?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  2. YJM_Strat

YJM_Strat Member

In fact, that is not the only one. There is another owner who also has the same problem.

[​IMG]

3. Holy Schnikes

Holy Schnikes Member

That looks god awful, I'd have already contacted ETHOS. As for installing it, looks like everything would need to come off the top (knobs, pots, toggles, switches) to get that label down properly.

Sucks....

4. Dr Git

Dr Git Member

I saw that once before too ... strange ... whats he using?

5. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

it ain't scotch tape!

6. dude

dude Supporting Member

I'm wondering if anybody heard back from Ethos on this. Mine is the same way.

7. 78deluxe

78deluxe Member

Mine was fine for a while, but has started this problem around the clean side switches.

For someone who takes immaculate care of their pedals, this is quite disappointing.

Given the care I take, and I don't leave my board in heated conditions (other than the time it takes the AC in the car to kick in), I'm curious what is causing this and more importantly, what can be done about it.

8. MG90

MG90 Member

I think it is a printed decal with a clear laminate, and the clear laminate is delaminating. Probably defective laminate or the decal was not 100% dry and the off gassing has weakened the clear decal.

It might be tricky to put on the new decal without completely removing all the guts so the switches and pots are out of the way.

9. Mr. Limbic

Mr. Limbic Member

This happened to mine too...this plus many hours of playing made me realize it is a lot of hype...I get way better tones out of my tone monk SOl or Ts9...Even if it is supposed to be used as a preamp fr a power amp I have not heard decent clip of it...and I love tim lerch's playing and demos but even that doest make e want another

10. yodchula

yodchula Member

It's happend to mine also wanna mail to ethos support. :(