Ethos front panel coat peeling off

YJM_Strat

Has anyone ever come across this problem? A friend of mine has an Ethos Overdrive. The coat for the front panel is peeling off. What can be done? And if we write to Ethos asking for a new panel, Will it be easy for us to install it by ourselves?

Last edited:

Holy Schnikes

That looks god awful, I'd have already contacted ETHOS. As for installing it, looks like everything would need to come off the top (knobs, pots, toggles, switches) to get that label down properly.

Sucks....

dude

Gold Supporting Member
I'm wondering if anybody heard back from Ethos on this. Mine is the same way.

78deluxe

Mine was fine for a while, but has started this problem around the clean side switches.

For someone who takes immaculate care of their pedals, this is quite disappointing.

Given the care I take, and I don't leave my board in heated conditions (other than the time it takes the AC in the car to kick in), I'm curious what is causing this and more importantly, what can be done about it.

MG90

I think it is a printed decal with a clear laminate, and the clear laminate is delaminating. Probably defective laminate or the decal was not 100% dry and the off gassing has weakened the clear decal.

It might be tricky to put on the new decal without completely removing all the guts so the switches and pots are out of the way.

Mr. Limbic

This happened to mine too...this plus many hours of playing made me realize it is a lot of hype...I get way better tones out of my tone monk SOl or Ts9...Even if it is supposed to be used as a preamp fr a power amp I have not heard decent clip of it...and I love tim lerch's playing and demos but even that doest make e want another

Trending Topics