Ethos Fusion Boost

Discussion in 'Pedals and Effects Demo Videos and Soundclips' started by Robbie, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Robbie

Robbie Member

Hi Folks,

Here's a quick clip of the Ethos Clean Fusion Boost going direct with a touch of reverb. Guitar used was a Gibson Les Paul.

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/rwh-2/fusion-boost-demo-2[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Robbie
    Custom Tones, LLC
    www.customtonesinc.com

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  2. ArchDukeOfTops

ArchDukeOfTops Member

Sounds great man! Do you think the ethos clean pedal has enough headroom to use as a clean preamp to run pedals into?

3. Robbie

Robbie Member

Thanks! From a headroom perspective, you can run the Ethos Clean in two modes, a.) normal which is totally clean with very high head room, and b.) with Soft Drive. Both modes take pedals very well. If you want to only hear what your pedal is doing and sculpt the tone you would turn the Soft Drive off. If you want to add a natural soft limiting along with the tone sculpting then you turn the Soft Drive on. The Soft Drive circuit is independent of the Fusion Boost so you can get up to 4 different combinations of tone:

SD FB
    1 off off
    2 off on
    3 on off
    4 on on

SD = Soft Drive
    FB = Fusion Boost

The recording was made in configuration 4 above. I'll try to pull together a demo stacking other pedals soon.

Thanks,

Robbie
    Custom Tones, LLC
    www.customtonesinc.com

4. dnauhei

dnauhei Member

Delicious.

Still, I wish there was a much more pared version of this pedal--forget the bells and whistle, just the Ethos clean tone in an affordable small footprint!

5. ArchDukeOfTops

ArchDukeOfTops Member

I'll be ordering one very soon, trying to decide if I want to get the foot switchable fusion boost. I feel like if I don't, I'll probably regret it.