Ethos Overdrive - wait times are shrinking!

JimHalinda

If you look on their homepage, they give a production update. Right now it says: "We are now shipping orders placed in August 2013."

Robal

Gold Supporting Member
I placed an order today for an Ethos and immediately got back an email that said the unit would ship in November 2013, i.e., the same month of the order. So, that's not much of a wait anymore.

Aran

I placed an order today for an Ethos and immediately got back an email that said the unit would ship in November 2013, i.e., the same month of the order. So, that's not much of a wait anymore.

Reason the used prices came down some I'd say. I have owned mine for a while and it's one of those, "can't live without" items for me now.

Robal

Gold Supporting Member

Mine arrived, shipped the same week I ordered it. So, really, no wait time anymore.

Nota

I just posted this week about my Ethos over in the "pedals that don't get enough love" thread. Funny how it's getting massed produced now.

My rig is built around my Ethos, it is my only OD/Dist pedal. I power it with a portable 9V supply. It goes into a loud, portable PA. I get lots of compliments on my tone.

I highly recommend using the Ethos in a direct setting. That's where it shines, IMO. Running it into another amp makes it just a flexible OD or AIAB pedal. Sure, it'll work great, but you could probably get a Zen and save some $.

bobbradley

As a a guy who gigs with a vintage amp 90% of the time, I been thinking of ethos as a cool OD/emergency backup for if my amp goes down at some point during the gig. So it's handy and sounds good!!!! Glad waits are down!

lhe220

Anyone know how long they currently take to answer emails back? I placed an order but haven't heard anything. I know they're shipping orders quickly according to their website.

Thanks,

LH

Doug59

Gold Supporting Member
You should get an email back in a day or two confirming receiving your request to purchase. The email will verify your request and offer the options to upgrade the pedal as well.

If you don't hear anything, send another email to them. Sue and Robbie are great to work with. I ordered mine and had it in about 2-3 weeks from time of order.

Last edited:

vegetablejoe

Sorry for the OT; but my question is Ethos-related...

My rig is built around my Ethos, it is my only OD/Dist pedal. I power it with a portable 9V supply. It goes into a loud, portable PA. I get lots of compliments on my tone.

The Ethos is spec'd to be used with either a 12V DC power supply OR a 9v battery, so I've never attempted plugging into a 9V wallwart, though I've suspected there would not be any problem with the lower voltage.

I wonder why the builder specified 12v DC? Any long-term detrimental effects to using a 9V DC power supply?

lhe220

You should get an email back in a day or two confirming receiving your request to purchase. The email will verify your request and offer the options to upgrade the pedal as well.

If you don't hear anything, send another email to them. Sue and Robbie are great to work with. I ordered mine and had it in about 2-3 weeks from time of order.

Thanks Douglong!

I guess I'll wait till tomorrow, if I don't hear anything I'll send an email.

bh.

Sorry for the OT; but my question is Ethos-related...

The Ethos is spec'd to be used with either a 12V DC power supply OR a 9v battery, so I've never attempted plugging into a 9V wallwart, though I've suspected there would not be any problem with the lower voltage.

I wonder why the builder specified 12v DC? Any long-term detrimental effects to using a 9V DC power supply?

If I remember correctly, the extra power in the adapter is needed to keep the ethos quiet, because using wall warts can cause some pedals to be noisy. You won't have those issues when using a battery, so a 9v batt is fine. :)

Robbie

Hi lhe220,

Apologies for not getting back to you promptly. Please resend your email and Susan will confirm your order.

Best Regards,

Robbie

Anyone know how long they currently take to answer emails back? I placed an order but haven't heard anything. I know they're shipping orders quickly according to their website.

Thanks,

LH

Robbie

Hi Folks,

When the Ethos was originally designed, not all power adapters were regulated offering nice clean power. Based on this I integrated an in-line filter to remove line noise, ensuring no 60Hz noise would be heard. This filter develops a voltage drop, that's why the external power needs to be higher than 9 volts. For optimal performance the Ethos works best when using external between the range of 15 to 18VDC. A 12VDC, 300-500mA unregulated power supply will provide this power, as well as today's 18VDC regulated supplies. Using an external 9VDC is not recommended since it will under-bias internal circuits.

Best Regards,

Robbie

If I remember correctly, the extra power in the adapter is needed to keep the ethos quiet, because using wall warts can cause some pedals to be noisy. You won't have those issues when using a battery, so a 9v batt is fine. :)

bobotwt

Silver Supporting Member
What ever happened to the SSS model that was supposed to be announced a few months ago? I'm still waiting for info as this is something I'm very interested in.

Josh

Doug59

Gold Supporting Member
Hi lhe220,

Apologies for not getting back to you promptly. Please resend your email and Susan will confirm your order.

Best Regards,

Robbie

Like I said ..... :D

Doug59

Gold Supporting Member
I purchased the Ethos amp.... I love it...it's just amazing. You'll be amazed as well.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom