EurekaPROM2 for FCB1010, Kemper& AxeFX2

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by BluesLou, Nov 3, 2013.

1. BluesLou

BluesLou Member

If you use a FCB1010.
    New EurekaPROM 2 chip for the FCB1010 Midi Controller. Has settings for the Kemper and Axe FX2 now.
    You can learn more about the EurekaPROM 2 on the Eureka Sound website

http://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom

User - not affiliated.

2. mattball826

mattball826 Member

they should have made one for gsp1101. many using fcb for that.

3. MaxTwang

MaxTwang Member

Good news! Time to try the FCB again.

4. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

Better than the first EurekaProm, but annoying that it still can't detect the effects state for the Axe2.
    -
    Austin

5. birdie_in_texas

birdie_in_texas I can haz virgins?

guess I will give it a try..

6. Gasp100

Gasp100 Supporting Member

This guy is doing a great job by taking the extra step to provide "How To" vids.
    When it comes down to it configuring midi devices is not incredibly difficult, but it can be tedious for sure.

7. Fusker

Fusker Member

I can't speak to the Kemper or Axe...but I just got this for use with the 11 Rack and it's easily the best $35 I spent in the last 6 months.

8. BluesLou

BluesLou Member

That is what I purchased it for also.
    Should be in the mail now.

9. turbolx5oh

turbolx5oh Member

I bought a brand new FCB1010 and the PROM chip for my 11R as well. Extremely easy to use with the 11R. Don't even need an editor.

10. jrockbridge

jrockbridge Member

I have one of the later Eureka 11Prom versions for 11R and I've been very pleased with it. They thought of a lot of things I would have missed had I tried to program a chip myself.

I'm glad to see they now have a version for both KPA and Axe FX II. If and when I ever get an Axe or KPA, I'd like to be able to use my same FCB1010 controller. For me this makes both upper end units a little bit more affordable.

I wonder how the Eurkea KPA program compares to the Uno Prom for KPA? It's nice to have options.

11. dave66

dave66 Member

Has anyone tried the new PROM with Amplitube? If so, is it easier to to program than the older models? I bought the old one and spent many frustrating hours trying to program my FCB1010. I finally gave up and decided I would buy the IK Multimedia Stealth Board, but it looks like the Stealth Board is on hold indefinitely. (When I tried to ask about a release date for the SB on the IK Multimedia forum, most responses suggested that I should learn how to program my FCB1010...)

12. guitarmike

guitarmike Member

I bought the Uno for Kemper and removed it after 1 day. I am not sure why the stock FCB1010 isn't good enough for people. Stock I use 6-10 to change patches and 1-5 to turn stuff off and on. I use on pedal as a wah pedal, the other as a solo boost. You cannot do that with uno for Kemper, the volume pedal is programmed to go from 0-100, it can't be configured to use as a solo boost (at least I couldn't figure it out).

Spend some time learning how to program the stock fcb1010 and you may find it does all you need. It is for me:banana

13. HCarlH

HCarlH Member

I had the EurekaProm for the 11R and it was great, but I don't care for how they programmed it for the Kemper. I prefer my Uno4Kemper over it. I like having one row for patches and the other for on/off of effects. Plus, you can change the defaults on the U4K chip.

14. Fusker

Fusker Member

Time is money. I approached the FCB1010 initially as you did...after a couple hours of wanting results, I finally said, "I've wasted enough time on this" and decided to spend the $35 and be done.

Wish I hadn't wasted those first few hours.

15. troykennedy

troykennedy Member

Does this eprom allow you to assign the expression pedal to delay mix in all the modes?