• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

EV evolve 50

Let’s meet up in Phoenix and play some rawk!
Silver Supporting Member
I had the ELX 15's and a 18' sub. It was epic. It just sounded so good. I sold it to a buddy when I moved.

The Evolve 50 will be used for low volume band practice. I suspect it'll be good enough for that purpose. Plus as a stereo for poker night...when I buy a second, although much of the old blues and rock is mono anyway. Then I figure I can use it as a vocal and or keyboard PA for some live play if it's needed.

billyguitar

I had the ELX 15's and a 18' sub. It was epic. It just sounded so good. I sold it to a buddy when I moved.

The Evolve 50 will be used for low volume band practice. I suspect it'll be good enough for that purpose. Plus as a stereo for poker night...when I buy a second, although much of the old blues and rock is mono anyway. Then I figure I can use it as a vocal and or keyboard PA for some live play if it's needed.
Don't underestimate something like this for Live use. They throw farther more evenly and don't spike people up close. Most people can't play indoors loud enough anymore to need much more than a couple sticks. I only have the JBL EON ONE sticks, not something like the Evolve 50, but they even carry outdoor gigs for us. Even when I mic everything!

modulusman

I posted earlier in this thread about using the evolve 50s at a guest ranch gig. We just finished our last one for the year this week. The speakers performed really well. We used it outside on a deck 3 times and had plenty of volume. The other dozen times we were inside. We have another ranch we play at where the crowd is bigger and louder. This year we used a pair of Yamaha DZR 10s over a pair of DXS12 subs. We might use the evolve 50s at this gig next year and a pair of evolve 30ms at the first guest ranch. We have a gig next month that is pretty low volume and will use the evolve 30m's for the first time with a band to see how they do.

boogiejem

Gold Supporting Member
I got 2 EV 50s about 2 years ago as a lightweight PA for our 5 piece covers band (including electronic drums) and they work just fine for small gigs (pubs and clubs). They are plenty loud enough, easy to move/set up and look very neat and professional. They do not have the same thump as a system with a big sub but most of the places we play don’t want that anyway. It’s true they are expensive but they sound good and i was prepared to pay more for a professional aesthetic and ease of set up. There are people who will say that a system like this will not handle a live band but for most small venues this is not true in my experience.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom