Evanescence on Leno

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by mifar55, Feb 2, 2012.

1. mifar55

mifar55 Supporting Member

Last night I turned on the end of Leno to check out Evanescence. I concider them one of my guilty pleasures (Amy Lee's voice). The performance was pretty good BUT, the drummer just slayed it. It just proves when your A game is on, you don't need to be the center of attention to have your talent shine through. I just hope this thread does not have a lot of bull **** as my thread on John Fogerty

2. jerrycampbell

jerrycampbell Silver Supporting Member

Unfortunately I missed this broadcast. Not only do I like Amy Lee's voice, but many of their songs are well written, and the creative production on most always piques my interest. The themes can be a little...adolescent, but they're a good band.

3. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

4. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

great band...love her voice...good songs
    And she is very easy to look at as well...dare I say hot

5. todd richman

You dare say it for sure-Amy Lee has gorgeous eyes, she is sexy and has incredible talent.

6. Dog Boy

Dog Boy Member

7. Big Boss Man

Big Boss Man Member

Why do they have to be a "guilty pleasure"? You don't have to accept the hipster/corksniffer definition of what is good.

8. guitarlifestyle

guitarlifestyle I like guitars. Silver Supporting Member

They were on Conan last night. The performance was good, but I marvel at how poor the music mix is on that show night after night. The drummer also stood out on the Conan performance.

9. Lone Bear

Lone Bear Member

Almost all the late shows are lacking when it comes to presenting music. I guess it's the nature of the beast. Regardless, she does have a beautiful voice!

10. todd richman

Finally, Big Boss Man gets it. I wish more members here were like you and me! They are a top band of the 21st century and along with Tool make some amazingly interesting and textural music that is much more exciting to me than the same old Robben Ford-John Mayer-Classic Rock drivel that seems to overtake TGP.

11. firefitz65

firefitz65 Member

It will. There are to many people with different opnions. It is just standard procedure on blog sites. lol

12. todd richman

Unfortunately here we get a lot of idiots who seem to only speak when it is negative and/or pessimistic. One thing we don't see alot of over at Huge Racks.